WnSoft Forums

VIDEO BUILDER

JEB

Hi,

I am having a problem with Video Builder. I am trying to make a DVD with two shows. I open up the first show go to Publish Show select DVD Video Disk which places the current .pte file in the timeline. I then try to navigate to the folder that contains the second .pte file but it can't be opened. Am I doing something wrong? It is some time since I did this so quite likely!  Added screen grab below.

On reflection as my objective is to create a DVD with both shows on it. Would I be better creating two MP4 files? As I want to be able to burn multiple copies of a DVD containing both shows for people to view on TV what is considered the best way forward. I need to keep in mind that not every recipient will necessarily have the most up to date TV. I for instance will have to upgrade my own TV when the valves blow!! Only kidding but it is old.

John

Capture.PNG

Dave,

i want people to play MP4s from the DVD.

I don’t understand what you mean by being able to transfer to USB for playing on a TV MEDIA PLAYER. I am guessing now but is a TV Media Player like Windows Media Player or VLC on a computer but on a Modern TV ? If this is correct then I think you are saying that both methods may be a possible way of viewing dependant on the users hardware. To make myself clear the user may be able to play it like a conventional DVD or play it through a Media Player. Presumably they would have to load the DVD into a computer then copy the MP4’s to a USB stick, plug that into their TV and then play it through the aforementioned Media Player? Surely not!

Apart from my ignorance of this subject I think we are getting into a further mess here. I am responding to this within the GENERAL section of the Forum though previous responses have all been in the TROUBLESHOOTING section. For some reason two versions of my original post exist.  I don’t know how this happened but I recently posted in the GENERAL area version requesting the Moderator to remove this version and somehow your last post was directed there!

John

For the BR Player:

Two possibilities. A "remote user" would either play MP4 files straight off the Data DVD (via the Media Player) or transfer from DVD to usb storage (on a PC) and plug that into the BR Player's Media Player. Either way will work and as far as I am aware, no quality issues.

It is possible that some "upscaling" dvd players will do the same thing. It would be nice to hear from someone who can confirm this?

For the TV:

If the TV has a media player then the MP4 has to be transfered to usb storage and plugged into the TV to be read by the Media Player. It does not have to be a "usb stick". You can plug an external HDD or SSD into the TV and it will work. My present Sony TV works with a HDD up to 500Gb. 

DG

P.S. You need to distinguish between conventional DVDs and Data DVDs. A conventional DVD plays at the much reduced resolution whereas the MP4 file played via a Media Player is capable of up to HD resolution.

Conventional DVDs are subjected to TV Safe Zone issues whereas MP4 files played via a Media Player are not.