WnSoft Forums

Adjusting the beginning of video clips

goddi

Greetings,

After you have trimmed a video in Convert process and put it in the Timeline, you might want to tweak the beginning or ending of the video clip. To adjust the ending of the video clip is easy by just dragging the end point to the left.

However, to adjust the beginning of the video clip, you have to go into the O&A's Start Time and input an amount. It would be nice if you could adjust the beginning of a video clip in the same manner as you can with the ending of the video clip by just moving the beginning point to the right.

Gary

2 hours ago, davegee said:

ADJUST TIME RANGE gives you a second (and third) chance to get it right by dragging. However, it will upset your video clip duration/slide duration if you dragged the video clip into the slide list originally.

DG

Dave... Yes I see your point. My problem was that all I saw under the Adjust Time Range was 'Offset'. That just delays the start of the clip and leaves a dead space. I have used this option before but I had forgotten that you can click on the 'Adjust Time Range' button to get the 'Start Time' and 'End Time' to make the adjustments such as trimming off the beginning and end of a video. Thanks for reminding me.

This should be a reminder to Igor to make the menus more intuitive. The Adjust Time Range box just looks like a title, not an active button to push. It only changes to blue when you happen to mouseover it. A more helpful reminder that such buttons are active would be to put a blue border around them so you know that there is a menu behind them. Or be consistent and put a downward triangle in the boxes as it is done in the 'Auto' and some other buttons. If you don't use certain functions on a regular basis, you tend to forget, at least I do.

Thanks for the reminder.

Gary

• 4 months later...
On 26/12/2017 at 5:44 PM, goddi said:

Greetings,

After you have trimmed a video in Convert process and put it in the Timeline, you might want to tweak the beginning or ending of the video clip. To adjust the ending of the video clip is easy by just dragging the end point to the left.

However, to adjust the beginning of the video clip, you have to go into the O&A's Start Time and input an amount. It would be nice if you could adjust the beginning of a video clip in the same manner as you can with the ending of the video clip by just moving the beginning point to the right.

Gary

++