WnSoft Forums

Saving as Template

DawnG

I looked over the list of tutorials but didn't see this mentioned...

If I make a slide show and save it as a template, when I open it, is it customizable to where i can just insert new photos into the slides and they replace what is there even if the orientation is different?

Thanks for any insight :)

Dawn

If you use the right combinations of Fit/Cover, Aspect Ratio Crop, Image Crop, and Border (if required) then you can pretty much replace any image with any other image in the Properties Tab. You might need to adjust Framing and Zoom (Animation Tab) to compensate for AR mismatches.

Styles are more suited to this (IMO).

I have always used Templates for setting Preferences and Project Options in a Blank Project or for instant access to an old project.

Others will tell their own story.

DG

Here's an example.

Add an image to a 16x9 Project - ANY AR IMAGE - apply the Style.

The result should be a 2:3 Image in a 16x9 Slide. Take the resulting slide into O&A and adjust composition using Framing Controls in the Animation Tab. Note the setting of Aspect Ratio in the Properties Tab.

To change the Image go to Properties Tab/Picture and choose another image (try a different AR). Adjust composition using Framing Controls in the A Tab.

Note the size of the Style and compare with the size of a Template to do the same thing. The Template would contain the Images used. The Style does not.

Example 01.ptestyle

DG

Thanks Dave :)  You are a bit more advanced than I am so I hope I am gleaning most of what you are saying.  The show I assembled has 2 images per slide and they roll or spin in slowly in different ways on every one.

I found the aspect ratio control....but I only see 3:2. A quick application of this takes horizontal images and cuts them in half.

I found where I can replace the image....so glad!  From what you are explaining I still have a lot to learn :)

I am also: DG