WnSoft Forums

Video encoding stops at 99.9%

LumenLux

I have a nine minute PTE that runs fine as .exe file.  When I try to publish as .mp4, the encoding meter stops at 99.9% and "remaining time" stops at 3 or 4 seconds, and the elapsed time keeps going until I give up (several tries).  When I terminate PTE program, I can find the attempted .mp4 file, but it is very reluctant to play, even with several different video players that I normally use.  If I get the troubled .mp4 to play, the sound is not complete.  The presentation contains audio tracks added as .mp3 files, and the sound tracks of the videos that are slides in the PTE project.  The mp3 tracks play properly, but the video tracks are not heard at all.  It seems that the video sound may be what is causing the PTE video encoding to fail?

Additional background:  I had first made this PTE presentation in 2011.  I was very glad to find my 2011 template, which allowed me today to make very minor edits on a coupld of still images, and I ran the PTE converter on the videos.  All of which resulted in a very smooth running .exe, but will not produce the .mp4 file I need to share with the world.  

I think there has been similar problems posted in the past, but I can not find any in searching this forum today.  This project is more urgent than most for me and I quick solution would be so appreciated!

Hi Bob,

How many videos in the show have their internal clip sound used rather than adding the video as an audio?  How many total videos in the show? The reason I'm asking is that perhaps you could mute the videos using their own internal sound then add the videos as audios if there are not too many. It might be worth trying. 

Best regards,

Lin

Since you have so many videos - do it the way Denis suggests and that "should" eliminate video sound as a potential issue. I always suggest eliminating the embedded video soundtrack if for no other reason than having waveform control of the complete sound in your show. 

Best regards,

Lin

It appears the solution is accomplished already for this show.  Thanks to Lin Evans and denisb, whose thoughts tweaked mine, I went into Project Options where I noticed the box was checked to "Loop Soundtrack".  Removing that check mark, solved the problem!  (I have not yet done reverse testing to see if the "looping" would return the problem, or in what circumstances in other shows it might occur.  I'm so grateful to have the solution for this presentation, but it does seem it may be bit of logic flaw or bug that Igor can probably solve on a universal basis.  Thanks to both of you again, and of course to Igor for such a manageable and capable program.