WnSoft Forums

Jean-Cyprien's Book Style Modified

Lin Evans

Jean-Cyprien's great book style also makes a nice addition to the wedding styles for use as a book. I re-skinned it with different back and front and spine and made a small change in the beginning and I think it makes a nice addition to the wedding styles available. I also changed the tilt from 30 degrees to 3 degrees for those who would use images of people and want less perspective distortion. So there are two styles in the zipped archive link below as well as the spine for those whose language isn't English. Just take the spine (dos__8297.jpg)  into Photoshop or other editor which allows text and clone out the text and replace "Our Wedding" with your choice of words on the spine then re-save under the same file name. One you have changed the spine - go into PTE 9 and run and apply the style. Next select slide one and change dos__8297.jpg from the existing on to your modified one. You can hold the ctrl key down and select all instances of dos__8297 then swap the existing one for the new one. After doing that, select the four slides and go to "Slide Style" and "Tools" then "Create Style" and create a new style which will have your new book spine. Use 1, 4, 2, 1  from the top down for the number for "first slide, slide count, number of slides for beginning and number of slides for end."  Enter your own bride and groom names and wedding date in the first slide. The names and wedding date are found under Couverture Devant near the bottom of the objects list on the first slide...

The second style just changes the tilt from 30 degrees to 3 degrees to minimize distortion on people pictures...

Le style de livre de Jean-Cyprien fait également un bel ajout aux styles de mariage pour un livre. Je l'ai re-pelé avec différents dos et avant et la colonne vertébrale et fait un petit changement au début et je pense qu'il fait un bel ajout aux styles de mariage disponibles. J'ai également changé l'inclinaison de 30 degrés à 3 degrés pour ceux qui utilisent des images de personnes et veulent moins de distorsion de perspective. Il y a donc deux styles dans le lien archive zip ci-dessous ainsi que la colonne vertébrale pour ceux dont la langue n'est pas l'anglais. Il suffit de prendre la colonne vertébrale (dos__8297.jpg) dans Photoshop ou un autre éditeur qui permet de texte et de cloner le texte et remplacer "Notre mariage" avec votre choix de mots sur la colonne vertébrale puis ré-enregistrer sous le même nom de fichier. Une fois que vous avez changé la colonne vertébrale - allez dans PTE 9 et exécutez et appliquez le style. Ensuite, sélectionnez la première diapositive et remplacez dos__8297.jpg de l'existant par votre modifié. Vous pouvez maintenir la touche ctrl enfoncée et sélectionner toutes les occurrences de dos__8297, puis inverser celle existante pour la nouvelle. Après avoir fait cela, sélectionnez les quatre diapositives et allez dans "Slide Style" et "Outils" puis "Créer un style" et créer un nouveau style qui aura votre nouvelle colonne vertébrale du livre. Utilisez 1, 4, 2, 1 de haut en bas pour le nombre de "première diapositive, nombre de diapositives, nombre de diapositives pour le début et le nombre de diapositives pour la fin." Le deuxième style change juste l'inclinaison de 30 degrés à 3 degrés pour minimiser la distorsion sur les images de personnes ...

Entrez vos propres noms de mariée et de marié et la date du mariage dans la première diapositive. Les noms et la date du mariage se trouvent sous Couverture Devant près du bas de la liste des objets sur la première diapositive.

http://www.lin-evans.org/styles/stylesandspine.zip

http://www.lin-evans.org/styles/weddingsamplepc.zip

http://www.lin-evans.org/styles/weddingsamplemac.zip

Lin

Hi Lin,

Thanks to work with my style. I hope this will be usefull for the beginners to improve their technique !

( It's not 1 4 3 1 that needs to be put, but 1 4 2 1    Fortunately, PTE corrects you if you write 1 4 3  and when you then add 1 )

Best regards

Jean-Cyprien

Hi Jean,

Thanks - that's a typo I should have corrected...  I'll edit it, of course it was wrong in the Google Translate original so was translated the same!  You really put lots of work into that style. Very nice and adapts well for use as a wedding tool also. 

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin, hi Jean-Cyprien,

I don't understand : " Use 1, 4, 2, 1  from the top down for the number for "first slide, slide count, number of slides for beginning and number of slides for end."  

Where should we use these numbers?

Best regards,

Bernard

Hi Bernard,

If you modify a style or create a new one, at the point where you actually complete the creation you are asked for numbers - see below:

At this time you tell PTE which is the first slide - how many total  slides - the number of slides for the beginning and number for the end. It can get confusing for new users and if the numbers are wrong, unexpected things can occur when the style is applied. For this style created by Jean-Cyprien the numbers to be used are 1, 4, 2, 1    As you can see below - because for the sample I had not selected all four slides, PTE was suggesting the wrong numbers. Even if the proper slides are selected before getting to this point, PTE may not make the correct guess so it's up to the user to understand which numbers need to be entered. In this case the first slide for the style and the first slide in the slide list are the same so the proper choice is "1". There are four slides created from the 8 images so the slide count is "4."  Because of the way the original show was created, it's necessary to have two slides for the beginning of the style so that number is "2" and one slide for the end so that number is "1" - therefore for the style to work properly, the numbers you enter must be 1,4,2,1 

Best regards,

Lin

create.jpg

Hi Dave,

Sadly, it doesn't always work like that, at least not in my experience.  When all the slides to be included in a style are properly selected sometimes PTE does not always offer the correct choices. I'll see if I can round up some samples where it doesn't offer the proper choice. Perhaps this is because I use Window XP - but it's been a problem in the past hence my reason for giving the numbers.

Best regards,

Lin

Yes, the reason for this perhaps I didn't explain sufficiently. I included the jpg image for the book spine in the zipped archive. The spine says "Our Wedding" in English and those who use the modified style but speak other languages probably want to modify that jpg then replace the original with the modified one and create a new style with the book spine showing their own language. Click on the "explanation.wmv" link and watch the brief video to see what happens...

Best regards,

Lin

explanation.wmv

On 12/01/2018 at 7:02 PM, Lin Evans said:

If you modify a style or create a new one, at the point where you actually complete the creation you are asked for numbers - see below:

Yesss Lin! :-) This answer is right for me. I didn't think it could be the numbers to enter when creating a new style if I want to modify o change your own.

Thanks Lin.

Bernard

On 12/01/2018 at 7:42 PM, wideangle said:

You only need to follow Lin's comments if you intend to modify and create a new slide style.

If you just want to apply Jean-Cyprien's style then, as DaveGee had said, you just apply the style and don't worry about any numbers.

Hi wideangle,

I've already used the Jean-cyprien style and the modified style by Lin. I just didn't understand what 1-4-2-1 meant. :-) Now it's Ok.

Regards,

Bernard