WnSoft Forums

PTE in a Virtual Machine

Ronniebootwest

Does anybody have experience of using PTE in a VMWare Fusion Virtual Windows 10 drive?

I am finding that, after upgrading my iMac to High Sierra, all of my PTE Slide Shows are displaying very jerky transitions. I have never had this problem before so I know that it is NOT a PTE problem.

Ron West.

Ron,

Check for updated version of VMWare.

Then try to install VMWare tools/drivers for a virtual machine. Check settings of a virtual machine to make sure that it uses GPU (hardware acceleration for 3D) and enought video memory.

Also it may be a temporary problem, while High Sierra is indexing your Mac after the upgrade of macOS. 

Hello Igor,

Thank you for your suggestions. I checked the VMware settings and everything was in order, so I contacted VMware support and they were aware of this problem. A very helpful guy offered to connect to my iMac (via Webex) and he saw the problem for himself.  He spent about 30 minutes making adjustments to my computer and he has solved the problem for me. He said that it was an incompatibility beween Windows 10 and the Mac Operationg system (High Sierra).

He was also very impressed with the quality of the PTE slide shows so I gave him a link to the WNSOFT website.

I hope that other Forum Members, who might be experiencing this same problem will find my comments of some help.