WnSoft Forums

Exception Error when Previewing Show & in .exe

jkb

I keep getting exception errors when trying to Preview a show.

Preview-Exception.JPG.1af9ff1cc3f9b7b07f36aaa36a23b5d5.JPG

This has happened occasionaly before, but is now happening every time I preview  Fullscreen in 9.0.15

The show I am creating is a 'Menu' that has wait for key press set in Project Options.

Sometimes it happens as soon as I move onto the 2nd slide, at other times I can step through seveal Slides before the Exception Occurs.

It happens in all cases of starting a Preview - From the Preview button, by selecting a Slide & previewing from there using the 'slice of toast' icon, or by selecting a slide & right clicking in the mini viewer.

If I click OK on the Exception Error the screen then freezes & I have to press Esc to return to PTE.

The show will run in the mini viewer ( I haven't tried making an .exe yet as I am still working on it)

Jill

• jkb changed the title to Exception Error when Previewing Show & in .exe

I have now created the .exe & I am getting the same Exception error when running the .exe file

Preview-Exception-EXE.JPG.10a52af5c481b5bd146a9edf48759972.JPG

This is for a Public Competition next week so I have to have the show running perfectly.

Jill

Igor I will PM you the BIZ for the Project

• 5 months later...

Has the cause of this error been discovered and what is the solution?

I am having a similar issue with a friend's exe which plays on his machine but on mine I get this error.

It is a sizeable file of about 750MB and the show is about 11 minutes.

I have larger Wings productions which play without a hitch. Sometimes I may need to specify Nvidia to run them but not always.

Now John has the same problem with his project which Jill had and we are lookong for a solution to this frustrating error (attached).

regards

Roel

Error opening Rob's AV.docx

Thank you Igor.

I am uploading to Google Drive now and will send you the shared link as soon as it is available.

Shall I email that to you directly at <...> rather than posting it here?

Roel

I looked but don't find any assistance to teach me how to send a private message. If I reply to your last post as I am doing now, I accept it is visible to everybody.

Please enlighten me how to send a private message on this forum.

R

Hi Roel, click on Igor's. Picture in the above post. Then click on the envelope symbol in the window that appears. This will open up a private message where you can type your reply.

Jill