WnSoft Forums

Mac executable?

xavier

Xavier - if you make your Mac in a zipped format there will only be one file which contains all necessary files to run the show on a MacIntosh. There are actually 11 files which make up the executable type MacIntosh format. 

Lin

Hi Xavier,

Executable show for Mac is a single ZIP archive which contains a slideshow data (.ptshow file) and launcher (.app folder with a digital signature from WnSoft). Now it's the best way to run executable shows on Mac without complicated warnings from macOS due to increased security checks.

The 'Zipped' file for the Mac works very well indeed, I have used it for years on my 27" iMac and it looks great on the high resolution screen.

I look forward to the day when PicturesToExe is available for the Mac!

http://ronniewestphotography.com/

Ron West.

11 hours ago, Igor Kokarev said:

Hi Xavier,

Executable show for Mac is a single ZIP archive which contains a slideshow data (.ptshow file) and launcher (.app folder with a digital signature from WnSoft). Now it's the best way to run executable shows on Mac without complicated warnings from macOS due to increased security checks.

I don't think there are complicated warnings. There is an other slideshow application on the mac which makes one executable file with all in it. So isn't it possible for picturestoexe rr maybe if we can make a choose in the program settings?

Xavier - the reason there are not complicated warnings is because native MacIntosh programming sales from Apple developers are sold through the Apple shop where Apple gets a cut of all sales. That is not the case with PicturesToExe or with other programs who are not and do not wish to give their business to Apple. The way it is done via the zip archive provides everything which Apple security and web security needs to play the file seamlessly. That's the way it is. If you try to play a file on the MacIntosh not from the Apple store which doesn't have these necessary files even if there is no problem at all with the file, there are multiple warnings from the Apple OS. 

PicturesToExe has been working seamlessly with MacIntosh for a number of years and the developers are very competent. Things are done as they are done for a very good reason so please accept the wisdom from those who know very well what works and what doesn't work.

Best regards,

Lin

The answer is no.  As I explained, it's necessary to use exactly what PicturesToExe produces to run the native MacIntosh executable on the MacIntosh. PicturesToExe, even when the native MacIntosh version is released will most probably not be sold through the iTunes Store. Not everyone want's to give Apple a portion of their income. 

Lin