WnSoft Forums

Problem with BitDefender and PTE 9.0.15 [SOLVED]

MUR

Hi Manuel,

Probably best to completely delete PicturesToExe via the Add or Remove Programs in the Control Panel. It sounds like there is a need to rename a file which most likely has a "read only" attribute. Without knowing exactly which file it is, it would be easiest to just remove PicturesToExe and then install version 9.0.15.  You will need to then go into "Settings" then "Preferences" and re-check the things which you have changed from the original defaults. Personally, I just put check marks by everything.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi MUR

I think Denis is right.

My antivirus (Bullguard - see separate thread relating to F-Secure) flagged up an issue with 9.0.15 and when I removed it and tried to reinstall it I kept getting the message that you are getting.

It seems to be a false-positive with the antivirus, so I’ve gone back and reinstalled 9.0.14 instead for the time being, and all is well again.

Regards

wideangle

We apologize for this problem. It's false positive with BitDefender antivirus software.

I informed developers of BitDefender about this problem and received confirmation from them. Usually the solution may take several days.

You can help me if you send your complaint to Bitdefender about this problem. I think it will speed up the solution.

Manuel,

It's same problem:

https://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/topic/20486-trouble-with-bitdefender-anti-virus-and-picturestoexe/

Please send a bug-report to developers of BitDefender. If they receive many complaints they more quickl will solve this problem in THEIR software.

P.S. I always recommend to use only Microsoft antivirus as the best antivirus software which never caused any problems with PicturesToExe during many years. It's terrible that we have to spend our time having deal with mistakes of different antiviruses.

J'ai passé plus d'une heure doit échanger sur un chat avec l'aide de Bitdefender, sans avoir de solution - je encore envoyé un e - mail ce matin, il est très douloureux, ils sont plus curieux de savoir si ma version du logiciel antivirus est bon, je leur envoyer par e - mail la preuve de l'achat - en bref pas très fidèle!
Ce matin , je ne peux plus utiliser PicturesTE, j'ai l'impression que les fichiers sont perdus:

English version - sorry

I spent more than an hour talking to a cat with Bitdefender's help, without any solution - I sent an email again this morning, it's very painful, they are more curious to know if my Antivirus software version is good, I had to email them the proof of purchase - in short not very loyal! This morning I can not use PicturesTE, I have the impression that files are lost:

1 hour ago, Igor Kokarev said:

P.S. I always recommend to use only Microsoft antivirus as the best antivirus software which never caused any problems with PicturesToExe during many years. It's terrible that we have to spend our time having deal with mistakes of different antiviruses.

+1

DG

Sorry, but it's a bit of a disaster, there is no way to install the 9.0.14 version (failure on various installation modules)-more way to view, and create an EXE file. -I no longer have the right to write to the original location (D:\...) Unable to change administrator options (?)-I don't understand anything anymore-I'm mad with rage that a software can be set to default like that

You may need to completely uninstall PTE (?)

Please try a new version - PicturesToExe 9.0.16:

https://www.wnsoft.com/en/picturestoexe/download/

It definitely was a bug of BitDefender antivirus with wrong false positive. But solution from BitDefender might take several days or more. We simply rebuilt the executable files of PicturesToExe to avoid a conflict with BitDefender wrong detection. It should help.

• Igor changed the title to Problem with BitDefender and PTE 9.0.15 [SOLVED]