WnSoft Forums

PTE 8 and 9 Mac executable without sound

pisolomau

Hello everyone,
I've always used PTE on windows, but I'm a Mac user (iMac with El Capitan OS X 10.11.6)
I'm making executables for mac but on some slideshow I do not hear the soundtrack, on others some songs are played and others are not heard.
I use version 8 but I downloaded the trial of 9 and the same thing happens. Do you know what the cause is and how I can you solve it?

P.S.I have enabled the option to 'Convert tracks to MP3 for EXE'.

in the past I had solved with the indications found here but now it does not work

Undoubtably a Mac version of PTE would be great and very appreciated... ;=)

thx

Mau

This is the link at windows exe (soundtrack is perfect)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n6OxKQ_kWmihq-kwNRPBAqFi78D5wCRu/view?usp=sharing

This is the link to Mac exe (you only hear the first song, no effect of rain or other songs...)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ziXmwQ77ANfbHDTT-t19Ickk8wAsNI5A/view?usp=sharing

Yes, I confirm this problem. One of your MP3 files doesn't play on Mac.

I already remember same problem with exactly same file (Sleep Away.mp3). 

Indeed it's NOT MP3 file. It's MPEG-1 Audio Layer I (.mp1). Real MP3 files use MPEG-1 Audio Layer 3 codec.

PicturesToExe officially supports only MP3 files. Not MP1.

On Mac we use built-in audio decoder in macOS. Probably Mac doesn't recognize correctly MP1 audio files.

In future versions we plan to use own audio decoders (same code as for PC) to avoid this issue.

Origin of MP1 audio files are old Video CD format (predecessor of DVD) where MP1 files were extracted from Video CD without conversion.

As a temporary solution, I recommend to use "Convert soundtrack to MP3" option in the Project Options > Audio tab. Or convert your MP1 files to MP3 manually.

I used a free utility mp3tag to check this file - www.mp3tag.de/en/index.html

mp1.jpg

Thank Igor,

I used  fre:ac to convert files and now it works regularly even on Mac.

free:ac

Now inspection of the properties of mp3 file return me the follow text

Anonimo.jpg

Thanks again for the assistance.