WnSoft Forums

PTE 9.0.16

Vince Bevan

Hi,

Just downloaded the latest version of PTE and wondered if it was possible to change the background color around the image while in Objects and Animation (it's mid-grey at the moment).

I think I remember being able to change it in previous versions but not this one (unless I'm missing something very obvious, which is likely!)

Thanks.   

Of course - just click on the "Slide Options" button (bottom left of your screen) then choose the "Main" tab and you have a choice of Solid Color, Gradient or Image. When you click on "Solid Color" a black patch will appear. Click on the black patch then you can select any color in the rainbow for your background for this slide. Should you chose "gradient" then you have further choices of left/right or top bottom. You can chose any colors for the gradient by clicking on the two colors defaulted. You can also choose "Image" then navigate to any image on your system to use as a background. There is unlimited flexibility hers.

Just keep in mind that your original image must either be sized smaller than the full screen by using "zoom" so it doesn't fill the screen and thus obliterate any background or in "Project Options" "Screen" you must have other than Full Screen chosen.

I may be misunderstanding what you are trying to do because of the wording. Are you trying to simply put a "border" around your image? If that's the case then click on the "Properties Tab" in Objects and Animations, scroll down and put a check mark beside "Border."  Then choose a color and width...

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

Yes, I've tried all you suggest, but no joy. 

When I preview the image/images I get the solid black background I am after, but I'm trying to have it in the editing stage (please see attached).

It's the grey area around the image I'm trying to adjust, as I find it easier to work with borders that way.

My thanks.

V

Sample.JPG

Hi Lin,

Been back and checked and it's definitely set to black. It's the grey area directly outside the image that I wanted black. If I zoom out of the image I can see a black surround, this being the area I can adjust.

I notice in your video that the area outside the black box surrounding the image is also grey. It is this space I am trying to change, but I'm starting to suspect that this might not be possible?

Thanks again for your efforts to sort it, it's appreciated.

V

Hi Vince,

Yes the area completely outside the dimensions of the aspect ratio (the aspect ratio constitutes the entire slide) can't be changed in color - to my knowledge it has never been possible to change this from anything but gray.

This area which constitutes what can't be seen when either a video or executable show is created is a gray shade but anything within the aspect ratio of the slide itself whether hidden by the image or seen outside the image itself but within the perimeter of the aspect ratio can be any color you choose.This area is know as the "background."

Best regards,

Lin

It's the same as if you made the background the same shade of gray as the area outside the slide. The only way to know where the picture (image) is bounded would be to set the zoom to 100% with the Project Option set to "Fill Screen" then use the green bounding rectangle as the pixel limits. 

The background outside the aspect ratio of the slide makes more sense to me to be of a color different from the "background" ....

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

As you say the background is as it is and can't be changed, but good to have this confirmed. No problem, I can work around it.

What I was looking for was the same facility as in Photoshop where you can change the working background to whatever you want. I find this makes it easier to adjust the brightness/contrast of an image so that it looks the same on the final output. In this case, if I edit on a black background it will appear pretty close to the original in the final output where the background will be black.

I'm also going to add a subtle grey border that will define the edge of the image, although by using  Pans and Zooms this might not be necessary as there will be detail in the picture that will show the edge. Anyway, all experimental at this stage and great to have these extra tools in PTE 9, it's a powerful piece of kit.

Thanks again to you, DaveGee and MUR for your input, it's been interesting.

Best,

The way I read this, Vince is trying to make a 3x2 (or4x3) show look the same in O&A as it would on a 16x9 (?) monitor.

This approach would achieve that if a little compromise is acceptable.

Apply this style to one or more slides in a 16x9 Project and the play in Preview. The resulting EXE would be at 16x9 aspect ratio.

If you take it into O&A you an see the construction.

95%.ptestyle

DG

Thanks Shirley,

The speech recovery is slow - hopefully it will continue to improve with time. I'm filing for Veteran's disability - I'm the only survivor from my company in Vietnam who isn't receiving 100% disability - I've never applied but because neither the VA nor Medicare will approve paying for hyperbaric oxygen therapy. Maybe if I'm approved for disability I'll be able to afford to pay for it myself. Doctors have long maintained that all improvement in speech from a stroke is accomplished in the first six months, but I've talked to several people who have had improvement even years later by using hyperbaric oxygen. Unfortunately it's way more than I can afford on my only income which is social security, but with VA disability the additional money would let me pay for it so if I'm really lucky maybe in a year or so I'll be back to normal...

Best regards,

Lin