WnSoft Forums

Custum transition and Blank slide

denisb

Dave,

I think your example CT2 is what Denis has already done with his third slide in CT : adding a black rectangle on the blank slide

A blank slide with a black rectangle is no more a blank slide.

If the box "Transparent Background of slides" is not ticked, the CT is correct with just a blank slide without a black rectangle.

Jean-Cyprien

J-C,

There are obviously still problems with CTs and they apparently do not travel well.

Denis said: 

8 hours ago, denisb said:

Hi,

using a CT between a blank slide and a normal slide doesn't work:

I know that this is not correct "in general terms" - I test new CTs on two different pcs and in different scenarios. But in specific cases there appear to be problems.

More testing of CTs is required.

DG

I think that, for my custom transitions, there are problems either when the blank slide is the first or when the blank slide is the second depending of how the CT is constructed.

I show on my first example adding a rectangle is one solution.

J-C, the solution you proposed work on the example, but when I make a CT, I want it work with background objects and splitter for background objects, I must thick "transparent background of slide".

I just want to know if I must put a rectangle on a blank slide or if Igor think It is interesting to modify PTE.

Denis

20 hours ago, denisb said:

I just want to know if I must put a rectangle on a blank slide or if Igor think It is interesting to modify PTE.

I am anxious to hear Igor's reply, but I suspect that the answer will be "Yes".

Putting a Blank Slide 1 in the Mask Content in a CT is the equivalent of leaving it empty. The visual result is then similar to the Quick Transition.

I think that the reason why my CTs works with a Blank Slide 1 is that in all instances I have Slide 2 in the Mask and not Slide 1.

DG

Check to see which slide is in the mask. If it is Slide 1 then that is the answer.

DG

P.S. Note that in the case of the GATE CTs the TO CENTRE versions work and the FROM CENTRE do not. In all circumstances where Slide 1 is a "real" slide and not a Blank Slide they work as predicted.

As I said:

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.a0b3e6c56f105c801632d0b5a5f5ba7f.jpg

Denis,

In your original projec (CT1.pte) custom transition works as we expected with Transparent background option.

Send me a project which simulates necessary visual result for you. Just to understand what you expect to see.

Yes, on first glance, transition from 1st to 2nd slide is strange, but technically it's correct.

If you add a black Rectangle on 1st slide, will it give necessary visual result for you?

Let's assume that PTE can automatically add a black Rectangle on blank slide. It will cure "problem" with 1st slide (in your project CT1.pte). However it will broke transition if last slide would be a blank slide. Currently, your custom transition works correctly with last blank slide.

And one more question. Do you enable "Transparent background" option  for cases when image(s) don't cover full screen, right?

Igor,

in CT1.pte, I put a rectangle in Slide 3 and the CT work .

I understand that when I enable "Transparent background" , The CT between 1 and  2 is correct.

If I use a transition, I know what to do, but imagine a PTE user which simply use Custom Transition. It is not obvious.

The "normal transition" of PTE like "slide" or "Push" cannot used with slide with background  objects and the splitter.

I think that the "transparent Background of slide" enabled or not could be unticked by the user of the CT as an option.

If you want that "Push" , "Slide" ou "Gates" transition could be used with background object and with blank slide like now, It could be a solution.

Denis