WnSoft Forums

3 Questions - Finding photo location

JudyKay

Hi Judy,

I'll answer question 1.  Questions 2. and 3. are perplexing to me because I'm not completely understanding what difference there is between a "photo location" and a Library location?  All places you can navigate to are either hard drives with their respective folders or USB storage devices of some sort which you simply choose from those seen on the left so I'll leave questions 2. and 3. for someone who better understands what specifically you mean.

As for converting and EXE to an MP4 the only way I know to do that is via a capture mechanism of some sort. If you have a fairly powerful CPU and Video Card you can use capture software such as SRecorder (doesn't work with Win 10) or other screen recorder which can handle at least 30 frames per second. To my knowledge there is no software which can actually "convert" a true EXE file to an MP4 without doing it via capture.  There are some software programs which convert videos to EXE formats which is to say that these programs actually add a self-player which is run via EXE code so that when you type in the name of the EXE file the player is opened and it in turn plays the video. There are software programs which "strip" the player and rename the video portion to "filename.mp4" so they claim to convert EXE to video, but they only work for this type of "EXE" file and not for true executable code. 

You might ask Tom about a program he uses (Bandicam Screen Recorder) to do screen capture - I think it works with Win 10 and does a very nice job. Bottom line is that only via screen capture can an EXE be converted to MP4 or other video format AFAIK...

https://www.bandicam.com/support/tips/hardware-acceleration/

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks, Lin.

I am thinking of about locations in the sense they are used in Adobe products and some other software.  For example in Lightroom, you can...

1. select a photo (in PTE that might be in the timeline) and right click to get the option of opening a new explorer window at the photo file location.

2. Also, you can right-click and get the option to go to the location the LR file hierarchy.  IN PTE that would translate into activating the location in the PTE explorer Window. 

If that is still not clear, I can make some screenshots to explain.

Thanks for the suggestions about conversion as well.  I wish I could capture full resolution.  Perhaps 1920 x 1080 is good enough. 

In the Slide List or the Timeline you can only click on Slides. Slides can contain multiple Object/Photo/Images.

You cannot click on an Object/ Photo/Image in the Slide list or Timeline.

In O&A you can select an Object/Photo/Image and, in the Properties Tab/Picture, click on the dropdown link. This opens a new window at the location of that Image.

It comes back to one of the basic "Ten Commandments" of PTE. Keep all of your "assets" for a Project/Show in a single folder. Your "File List" is then the location that you are looking for. Put copies of your Images in the Project folder (File List).

"Cherry Picking" files from different folders is not the way to go. But if you have to work this way then creating a Template of your finished show will create the single folder containing all of the assets in a single location designated by you.

I hope that this helps?

DG

Hi JudyKay and Davegee

Davegee - You beat me to it! I was just about to refer to going into O&A, clicking on the item, then using the drop-down menu in the properties tab, which automatically opens the file location for you.

On your follow-up point, you mention creating a Template. I haven’t really been able to get my head round the benefits of Templates compared with doing a Backup in Zip. Are you able at some point, to outline the advantages/disadvantages of one over the other, as both achieve putting assets in a single folder. Why do we have both options?

Regards

wideangle

PS Sorry to distract from JudyKay’s original point.

A BIZ is nothing more than a Template in a ZIPPED file. If you don't intend to send it to someone or post it here, why zip it?

When the Template is made from the completed show it is "forever" available in your Templates section of the File Menu to open at any time without having to go searching for it (and having to unzip it).

DG

P.S. a Template can also be a "skeleton" Project with certain preset parameters (Project Options) ready to make a show. You could make 16x9, 3x2, 4x3 Templates all ready with your preferred settings.