WnSoft Forums

PTE suddenly changed everything to black & White

Ronniebootwest

I don't know what has gone wrong here but, without warning my PTE project suddenly changed from colour to black & White. I am using version 8.22 in a VMware virtual machine on my iMac in Windows 10.  It has never done this before so I doubt that it is a PTE problem

The Windows 10 program is running normally in full colour so I am suspecting that I may have inadvertantly changed a setting somewhere in PTE. Has anyone else had this problem and does anypne know how I can fix it. My slide shows do not suit black & White, I need the colour back, Please!

Ron West.

Ron,

Do you observe black & white colors on videos, or on images, too?

This problem indicates that drivers of a virtual video card started to work incorrectly.

Check the settings of VMWare to make sure that hardware acceleration (Direct3D) is enabled for this virtual machine. 

If it doesn't help, try to re-install VMWare tools for this virtual machine, I don't remember how this option/command named in VMWare.

I have solved this problem now! It turned out to be my own fault because I did not realise that the shortcut in Windows 10 (Cmd+Ctrl+C) did different things when used in a vmWare Fusion vitual drive works differently on a Mac.  In Windows on a Mac it changes colour to black & white.

So I now have full colour back!

We Live and Learn eh!

Ron West.