WnSoft Forums

O&A - Can one expand the Keyframe Area?

Xenofex2

Just wondering if there is any chance of expanding the area where one adds keyframes?

My intention is to add text at the top of the screen, above the video, and each line of text will be quite close together as one line fades off and the next line appears on screen. Because it is so close my initial thought was to see if I can expand this working area.

George

Keyframe Area.jpg

First thought - what you want to do can be acheived by splitting your video clip into x number of smaller "chunks" using the Master and "Link to" feature separated by quick transitions.

For example, a 30 second clip could be split into 10x3 second clips. That way the duration of each section in O&A would be 3 seconds and not 30 seconds.

https://docs.picturestoexe.com/en-us/9.0/video/main#single_videomaster_video_button

DG

Was actually looking to see if I could expand this area widthways. Probably because I have both Audio and Video programs in which I can expand both the horizontal and vertical area by just clicking on a plus key either at the bottom or along the side of the working area depending on which I want to expand. Thus helping to concentrate on editing in a smaller area.

Does appear that such a possibility is not available in P2E, and apart from going back to my video editor and splitting the video (4mins 46 secs) into smaller chunks, it maybe that a more systematic and organisational use of the Properties tab could be a way forward instead. 

The feature that you want to see was discussed at an early stage of development of PTE 9, but it has not been implemented. My recommendation here: Insert your video into several consecutive slides, make the first instance a master video, and link the other instances to the master. The effect will be that your video will run seamlessly across several slides.

4 hours ago, Xenofex2 said:

Does appear that such a possibility is not available in P2E, and apart from going back to my video editor and splitting the video (4mins 46 secs) into smaller chunks, it maybe that a more systematic and organisational use of the Properties tab could be a way forward instead. 

You do not have to go to a Video Editor to do this - it can be done from within PTE.

DG

George. 

As David and JT are explaining - perhaps you've never done this before, but if you do as David suggests it may be a solution for you... Here, I've made a little example video to show you how to do as Dave explains. In this example I've copy pasted the slide, but you can just copy paste the video to subsequent slides and achieve the same result by matching the video time in each slide to the run time of the slide....

Lin

backgroundvideo.wmv