WnSoft Forums

Modifying Files Within A Style

How To Modify Files Within A Style

Just today, Wideangle posted a nice style consisting of a frame, brick background and spotlight for 16:9 aspect ratio images. I noticed that the edges of the light beam were a little “rough” and decided to smooth them a bit. In the process, I realized that probably many who use PTE do not know how to find and modify files within a style so I thought a few words about this might be helpful.

When a style is created which has internal images (PNG, Jpg, video, etc.) PicturesToExe creates a special file which when the style is imported by the user is stored in the Documents and Settings/name of your computer/My Documents/PicturesToExe/Slide Styles folder. If you can’t find this folder, go into Objects and Animations and look at the name of the file you want to modify then do a Windows search for that file name on the drive where you have PicturesToExe loaded.

What you will find is that a long file name such as {C5B83A54-75DC-4091-9D7F-5DBAF1E44D37} has been created and if you open this file in a program such as PhotoShop, you will then be able to choose the appropriate file, modify it and save it.

Doing the above will effectively modify the style so that your changes will be included without having to create a new style.

Lin