WnSoft Forums

Mute Video Audio

JudyKay

Objects and Animations screen - Properties Tab - under Video section - Mute Audio

No, the only way to mute the entire audio is to either use the waveform or go to Project Options - Audio Tab - Select the Audio You Want To Mute and set Volume % to zero.

Best regards,

Lin

Seems superfluous to use that feature since it's not muting at any specific place. Why not just delete the track?  Muting all this way is essentially the same as deleting the tracks AFAIK... except you are still carrying the useless overhead of the audio..????

Best regards,

Lin

It is useful to tempoarily mute one track so you can listen to the others to adjust timing , level etc.

So it is a very useful feature.

However it would be nice to be able to just mute a single clip rather than the whole track.
What is also needed is the ability to be able to solo one track quickly. It takes time to have to go through & mute/unmute tracks individually.

A 'solo' feature would automatically mute the other tracks and then unmute when the Solo is turned off again.

I now do all my audio mixing in PTE & very rarely have to use an external editor.

Jill

I think a Properties tab "Mute Slide" might have some value.  I have needed it once in my life, so maybe not.  The O&A window mute is necessary to mute individual videos when there may be several in a slide.  Mute Slide would be at a different location, although an intuitive location and would mute all videos on a slide.  I suppose Mute slide ("mute all videos on this slide") could also be on an  O&A.  That might also meet JKB's wants.  Would it?

My application is that I sometimes throw in a few seconds of video clip, or an arrangement of them, but don't want the video audio.  The method we presently have works for me, but would be a chore if there were a lot of video clips.  In my present case, I only have 18.

20 hours ago, jkb said:

It is useful to tempoarily mute one track so you can listen to the others to adjust timing , level etc.

So it is a very useful feature.

However it would be nice to be able to just mute a single clip rather than the whole track.
What is also needed is the ability to be able to solo one track quickly. It takes time to have to go through & mute/unmute tracks individually.

A 'solo' feature would automatically mute the other tracks and then unmute when the Solo is turned off again ....

Jill

I agree!

BTW: I'm looking forward to see your contribution to the Challenge 321, jt (organizer at München)