WnSoft Forums

Remote Backup

JEB

Hi,

Does anybody have any recommendations or experience of remote back up services suitable for people like this community within the UK or Europe? I would be pleased to hear from anybody on this subject. On searching the internet none of the names that come up mean anything to me and some of the claims appear to get conflicting reviews. Dropbox is the only one I know of but they don't get included in the comparisons that I have seen.

Thanks

John

Hi Barry,

Thank you for your reply and sorry for not responding before now.

I had forgotten about MedieFire though I used to use it some years ago. I watched your video yesterday but from what I can see it wouldn’t do the job I have in mind though I have yet to get on to their site. 

What I want to do is back up my entire external backup hard drive to a remote location. Belt and braces!

On searching the internet there appear to be many companies offering that service. I had been hoping that some of the forum members would have had recommendations. I have often seen reference to DropBox so possibly MediaFire is an option. 

Thanks, I’ll keep you posted. 

John

What I want to do is back up my entire external backup hard drive to a remote location. Belt and braces

Yes, you can do this with MediaFire and other similar services. I store the majority of my drives with MediaFire, but decided not to do that with Raw files as they take up more room, are bigger files and take a while to upload. However, uploading speeds improved for me last year, so now I am thinking of increasing my storage space with MediaFire and using that service for Raw files too.

i store slide shows as BIZ, videos, completed images back to the late 90’s and all important work that I would not want to lose.

Thank you Barry

i will look into this later. I am strugelling with moving my data from my broken eight year old MAC  to a new PC. I will be away from home next week so I’m not likely to get back to this till after that. I will respond ASAP..

john