WnSoft Forums

Crossover V17.1

Almark

Hi Folks,

Just to let Mac owners know that Crossover V17.1 will install PTE. Running Win 10 in a Wine bottle (I have no idea what this means - but it works) results in PTE working much better and faster than using VMware Fusion and Win 10 on a virtual machine. I have an old iMac, 2011, with 12GB RAM.

Using Crossover and PTE, I have 4GB RAM free to play with.
Uisng VMwareFusion, Win 10 and PTE, I have jsut 512MB to play with.

I only have PTE installed using Crossover. Screen shot of PTE running under Crossover, looks exactly the same as it does running in Windows with VMware Fusion. The other screenshot is of folder that opens when I double click on Crossover.  

Also, creating a HQ mp4 at 100% quality took forever (sometimes well over an hour) with Mac/VMware Fusion/Windows10/PTE, but under Mac/Crossover/PTE it takes only minutes (I assume this is what normally happens when using PTE in Windows)

Screen Shot 2018-04-01 at 14.03.51.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-01 at 14.04.34.png

Mark,

Thanks. I just tried Crossover on my iMac 21.5". It really works better than old versions and I didn't notice any graphical defects.

There are two problems: no support of Retina resolution and difficulties with access to files on Mac.

However it can be good temporary solution, while we're working on Mac version.

PTE via Crossfire couldn't see my external drive. But it could see the My Documents folder on my Mac. So I created a folder within My Documents called PTE and copied all my zipped projects. Then I unzipped them, you can see the file structure in my screenshot, all works great.

By the way, I get an error message when creating a Mac version.

• 9 months later...

Just picked up on this topic, Just installed crossover and the latest trial version of P2E (27th Jan 2019). All seems to work OK except the P2E app file for Mac will not run on my Mac. Error message says cannot read the file. Created a mp4 video and runs OK. I cannot test a win .exe file as I do not have a windows machine. Any ideas?