WnSoft Forums

Zipped Slide Shows - Directory Paths

JudyKay

If I am creating slide shows really quickly.  I grab images from folders here and there and drag them onto the PTE timeline.  I have image links going to who knows where.  But, once I back the whole thing up to a Zip file, all the images with links to the zipped folder (not the original folder) are properly redirected.  Right? 

I have been spending a lot of time selecting images and putting them in folders for each slideshow. FAster is just to drag the image from wherever I find it to the PTE timeline.  I am wanting to trust that everything works if I do this and then zip it up to "fix" all the links for archiving.

I could test it, but if anyone knows offhand I thought it quicker to ask.

Set up your Templating and the Zipping and Unzipping becomes unnecessary.

It is the same thing!

One advantage is that every show you ever made could be accessible from WITHIN PTE at a moment's notice without having to go to Explorer, Unzip the Folder and open the .pte file.

https://docs.picturestoexe.com/en-us/9.0/techniques/templates?s[]=template

DG

I believe you are a Photoshop user and within Bridge is one of the best partners for PTE that I have found. 

Collections enable you to drag and drop images from as many different folders and locations as you require into the collection 

Then silmply select all Ctrl+A and copy them to your slide show folder.

Just remember to remove the original images from the collection, don’t delete them from a collection or they will be deleted. Select all and remove.

Its the quickest way I have found to locate images from various locations