WnSoft Forums

New to P2E from Proshow - A question

I am becoming dissapointed with Proshow as it keeps crashing and I have not had much help as to possible causes.  So I an trying P2E.  One of the features of PS I really liked was the ability to collect all the slides, video and audio used into one location where I also keep the final shows.  This is very useful as it protects the files if I rename or change any of them in their original locations scattered through several hard drives.  I have yet to find a way to do this in P2E.  Is it possible ?

AQ

Yes, you can create a zip file. Click on the top left of your screen on "File" "Create Backup In Zip" which puts all slides, videos, resources, etc., used in your show into a single zipped archive which you can move anywhere then unzip to have everything in one place even on a different computer, etc.

Lin

Also look at Templating in the File Menu.

Create a folder to store all of your Templates created from finished shows and then create Templates in that folder. Every show that you make can then be accessed from within PTE from a list without the need to Unzip.

DG

In addition to creating  a 'Backup in Zip' file, I have always used the 'Template' method of saving my PTE slide shows. I find this to be the best way to preserve all of the componements that make up each slide show. The PTE program has a default location where you can save the Template, but yo can easily change this to any other location of your choice.

Ron West.