WnSoft Forums

Ordering slides with different durations | Undo Random Order

DaveyGravy

Hi, I have 200 images with 200 title slides, 1 for each image. The title slide needs to play for 1.5 seconds the image for 6. 

All 400 slides are sequentially numbered but in 2 different folders (Images and Titles),  I was hoping to be able to drag the titles folder in and set 1.5 seconds, then drop the image folder in and set 6 seconds.

Ordering all the slides by name should then put the titles and images in the correct order. At the moment they are in the order they were dropped in, ie title slides then images.

So I thought do a Random Order then set back to order by name. This will not work, there doesn't appear to be any way to undo the Random Order apart from the classic Ctrl+Z undo.

I don't want to have to drop all the files in together to order them correctly as I will then have to go though and select the 200 titles and set the timing. There may be a need to play with the timing length so selecting 200 slides each time is going to a pain.

Hope you can help.

Cheers.

David

From what you have said, I cannot completely visualise what your doing, but I probably have a good idea. If the title slide is only to be shown for 1.5 seconds, it can't be more than author and title, but perhaps even that would be rushed with 1.5 seconds.

I would use a slide style to create what I wanted with one image, then apply it to the remaining 199 in one go,  but the image does need to be named with the text you wish to appear. That is what the text template I included draws on. Try the slide style below, import it and try it on a few images, it may help.

Text over image Slide Style

Thanks Barry.

I'll have a look at the Slide Style, the attached screen print may help.

The timing of the slides has changes after consideration. The white slides are the title slides and need to be 3 seconds all the other slides (that are the actual images) need to be 5 seconds. There will be 295 of each for the final slide show. It makes no sense to me that it is not possible to 'order by name' after the files have been added to the project, only before.

Cheers.

David

Slide.thumb.JPG.3833011d19462d56b3b2733a58001807.JPG

If your images are all numbered in succession, which they appear to be, then as you drag them from the File List Holding area into the Slide List at the bottom f the screen they will retain that order. The software isn't designed to automatically sort your images, once they are in the project slide list. That's not how audio visual works.

If you add images later, just drop them in the right position. Once you get used to the software you will see that is set out in a logical way.

Barry is correct.

You have two folders - Titles and Images - correct?

If you copy and paste your titles from the titles folder to the images folder, when you then drag all images from the File List (Image Folder) to the Slide List they will be in the correct order.

The Titles are effectively "Images" and the Golden Rule in PTE is to have all Images/Resources in the same Folder (wherever possible).

DG

Thanks for your time. 

It looks like a short fall of the software that the only control over images in the Slide List is manual drag and drop. This is made all the more bizarre that there is a 'Random Order', that can only be taken out of 'Random Order ' by Undo. 

I've only made slide shows with 20 or 30 images before so it's not been an issue, but with 295 images  X2 the flaw is clear to see.

I suppose I've been using Lightroom to control/filter/sort/manage  the same images and now expecting to do the same using P2E.  Am I really asking too much to sort by filename when in the Slide List?

Cheers.

David

There is the "Suggestions for next version" section.

Meanwhile (and respectfully), is it impossible to adapt to a different way of working?

DG

P.S. Everything that you say makes sense for your requirements. If you post these suggestions you will get a feel for how much support they will get.

Hi David,

I can propose a workaround.

At the end of the file project.pte, there is the list of Times of synchro for all the slides

[Times]
opt_synchpos1=3000
opt_synchpos2=8000
opt_synchpos3=11000
opt_synchpos4=16000
opt_synchpos5=19000
opt_synchpos6=24000

opt_slidescount=590

Just replace all the values to get what you want. (of course, use a copy of your project file)

A zip for an example of slide duration of 3 and 5 s. The number of slide is 590

Denis

Projet1.zip

Hi DaveyGravy

If you know how to program visual basic for excel, you can select all the slides, in the PTE window, copy and paste them in an excel sheet and make a small macro. Copy the modified excel sheet and paste in the PTE window and that is all. (always work in a copy) I have never done what you need, but yes for other complex things in PTE, like to add 0.7 seconds to most of the slides in a long list with many diferents duration times. It's easy, fast and very flexible.

I see that all the titles have an odd number and the images an even number, that makes the macro much easier,

As a less rapid alternative, you can select in the PTE screen, all the slide with titles (with ctrl-click) and change the time in slide options, all the selected ones change as batch.

MUR