WnSoft Forums

Curiosity

Paiche59

You know it because you read these lines, PTE is an impressive software. Version 9 is really accomplished and has greatly facilitated the creation of custom styles and transitions.

In the Objects and Animation window, when you copy an object you can obviously paste it into the list of objects. As you may have already noticed, if you paste the contents of the clipboard into a text editor, the description of the object and the settings of the animation appear "readable".

You can easily change the values of the parameters in the editor then copy and paste in the list of objects in PicturesToExe to see a new modified object appear.

What is surprising is that it is also possible to change the functions « add modify » : Oscillation, Jumping, Ping pong and Shift.

All of these functions use the Amplitude, Repeat, and Phase Shift parameters.

For fun, I wanted to simulate the movement of a ball that bounces with a progressive damping until the complete stop.

For that I modified the Jumping function by adding the parameters Damping factor, Damping speed and fmod (frequency modulation).

However, I do not advise to use this new function in a style (other than for fun), because I'm not sure that this possibility is sustainable with future versions of PTE.

Tennis ball.ptestyle

Regards

Pascal

• Like 1

Hi Paiche59

Yes, that is true, but not only for one object, but for several or the total slide show. If instead of paste in a text editor, you do it in an excel sheet, you can apply macros to the whole set.

MUR

• 1 year later...

Damping tennis ball and random patterns look great. I never thought about adjusting modifiers inside text editor/spreadsheet or exposing variables by adding pinfo inputs. Interesting....

Thanks,
Tom