WnSoft Forums

Solution of the problem with laptops with NVIDIA graphics and Windows 10

Igor

Igor,

Please see your PM.

The point to note about my HP Laptop is that a few weeks ago the NVIDIA GPU did not exist - the whole Windows 1803 saga started off as noticeable bad performance but I could "see" the NVIDIA card but, apparently, could only use the Intel GPU no matter what I tried.

Then, at a later date, I could only find the Intel Card - the NVIDIA card "disappeared".

Now, without any input from me, the NVIDIA card can "seen".

As I said in the other post, testing continues, but it does look like the previous performance has not returned and that problems still exist.

Sorry if I raised anyone's hopes but the fact that I can now SEE the NVIDIA card made me think that it had returned to normal. Perhaps not!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dave, Igor and everyone,

I have kept trying different things and using various sequences and, like Dave, I think that sadly the problem still remains.

I have downloaded the latest NVIDIA drivers (419.67 dated 25/3/19  and am running Windows 1809 but still the exe's are juddering and the MP4 is a little better.

I might try having another go at NVIDIA as my complaint is still open.

However both they and Microsoft are not replying to any of my emails!!!!!!

John

Just fired off an email to the person handling my complaint whose last message on the 11th January was:

Hello John,

Thanks for your patience.

Due to company rules I am not at liberty to divulge any more details of this investigation. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.

Hopefully I will get some sort of reply although recently they have gone very quiet!!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just received a message from NVIDIA representative regarding this problem with a slow performance of PTE 9 on laptops with dual NVIDIA + Intel graphics (also same problem occurs with Proshow products):

our engineers have determined that this issue is NOT a Nvidia driver bug but an Microsoft OS issue.  They have already filed a report with Microsoft and were waiting for Microsoft to address the OS issue.

Anyway, in PTE 10 Beta we used a temporary solution to avoid this problem (it was a hard work).

• Igor unpinned this topic