WnSoft Forums

PTE-Trojan Alert???

goddi

Greetings,

My Windows Defender indicated that I had a 'Trojan:Win32/Fuery.A!cl'. The affected item was an exe of a PTE show that I have not run for a long time. I let it be removed and the exe was deleted. I am wondering if this appears to be a false positive. Or why an old exe that has not been used for  years can get a Trojan attached to it. Some searching indicate its could be a false positive but just wondering...

Gary

PTE Trojan.jpg

10 minutes ago, Igor Kokarev said:

Gary,

The most likely it's a false positive.

Add this file to the white list in Windows Defender and send me it in a ZIP archive. I will check version of PTE. And then I will send a report to Microsoft.

Igor,

Not sure what you mean. I don't have the Trojan anymore. It was deleted. I don't have the exe anymore, unless you want me to create it again and send it. Not  sure what you want me to send you in a Zip,...the entire show in PTE or the show as an exe...?

Not sure yet how to add the Trojan to the  white list but I will wait to see what you find out.

Gary

21 minutes ago, Igor Kokarev said:

Gary,

Do you remember exact version of PTE which was used for that EXE file?

Also can you try to create again a new EXE and check if the problem with Windows Defender will occur again?

Igor,

I checked the PTE file and it shows the 'CreationTool=PicturesToExe Deluxe 7.00 Beta 12.'

I re-created the exe and ran the following programs on it:

Malwarebytes, Super Anitspyware, AVG AntivirusFree, Zemana AntiMalware and Windows Defender. None of them indicated any virus/bug.

Must have been a false positive. But I don't understand why, all of a sudden, this old exe show would pop-up as having Trojan. A long time ago, there was a virus that attached many of my PTE exe shows and I was thinking this was one of them too. Maybe not, but it concerned me.

Thanks for looking into  it.

Gary

PTE-San Antonio.jpg

5 minutes ago, Igor Kokarev said:

Gary,

I think it's was a false positive. 

I created a new EXE show in PTE 7.0 (final version) and Windows Defender shows nothing for this file.

Thanks, Igor. Just a strange thing...  Gary