WnSoft Forums

Reminder About PTE Facebook Group

Lin Evans

3 hours ago, Lin Evans said:

If you are a Facebook user, please come visit and join the PTE Facebook Group Folks - There you can post shows, images, etc., and discuss PicturesToExe.... The link is below:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/picturestoexefans/

Lin

Lin,

Thanks for the  reminder. I just Joined the Group. I've been using my Facebook site to post my PTE shows. I stopped using PTE's Slideshowclub since it reduced the max upload size of shows. I'd prefer to get feedback from PTE users by using the Slideshowclub site but Igor has not figured out how to fix it. But I don't see much (or any, yet) PTE shows being posted on the sites of the members of the Group. Not sure what is going on. Anyway, for a more direct link to my page with mostly PTE shows I've made:

https://www.facebook.com/gary.oddi

Gary

Hi Gary,

The "group" has it's own provisions for posting shows. It has no relationship to the member's own FB sites. If you want to post a show on the group site just do it like you would on your own site. When you upload a show to the group FB page it will be shortly approved then appear along with any associated text.

Best regards,

Lin

1 hour ago, Lin Evans said:

Hi Gary,

The "group" has it's own provisions for posting shows. It has no relationship to the member's own FB sites. If you want to post a show on the group site just do it like you would on your own site. When you upload a show to the group FB page it will be shortly approved then appear along with any associated text.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin,

Yes, I realize that the member's can post their own shows on the PTE Group site. It is just that I see mostly (if not  all) your shows. Nothing wrong with that at all. But since it is a PTE Group, I expected to see PTE shows created by others in the Group. Yes, there is a Discussion area. But wanting to see more PTE shows that have been created by others, I went to the Members link and checked around there to their own Facebook sites. Couldn't find any shows. I don't want to fill the site with all my shows so that is why I gave my direct Facebook link for my shows where they would be more consolidated. Maybe I'll upload a few to the Group site. :D

Gary

Gary, the way FB works is that you have various "privacy" settings. If you don't see video shows on other's FB sites, it's probably because they have their privacy set so that only their friends can see them. Facebook is a broad use media platform and not  everyone posts their videos there.

There are a number of shows on the PTE Users Group which are not mine, but I try to put up something every month or so and because of that many are mine. The FB PTE User Group has been online for a number of years. I took it from Private to Public in May of 2015.  

The idea of the group is for discussion, demonstrations of new techniques, what people are doing with PTE, answering questions, etc., so videos themselves are only a part of the intent of having a group. Maybe many of the users do not create videos or are only interested in finding out about the program. The larger the group becomes, the more people will know about PicturesToExe and that's the primary purpose of having a group. I suggest that whenever someone joins the group that they sign up all their FB friends whether or not they are PTE users. They have the option of opting out if they don't want to belong to the group. Unfortunately, not too many of our users have done that but the more people we can convince to add friends, the more exposure is possible. It's not necessary to put all one's shows on the group - just ones which you particularly like or have some special feature, etc. It's not meant to take the place of Slideshow Club, only to spread the word about PicturesToExe. 

Hopefully if more people add their friends to the group, there will be greater interest, greater purchases which will allow more development and refinement which will benefit all users.

Best regards,

Lin