WnSoft Forums

Memorial Service for friend

nelson

Hello everyone,

I have been requested to put together a fellow photographers memorial service. I have put together numerous shows using high end projectors in auditoriums etc.

They have all been  3:2 published  as an exe.

The room will have two large screen  televisions. I assume 16:9. Would this be the format  that I would use if I want it to fill the screen?

This is where I get confused, does this mean the photos should be at 1920x1080 or an equivalent like 1280x720. At least as a background to put 3:2 photos on. I am wondering about quality.

I have noticed on the forums that people publish to a AVI video.Is that preferred over an exe file. Can that be looped?

I have never watched my shows on a television and need the basics.

Thanks for your help with this,

Kieron

If you want to fill the screen then the Images should all be cropped to 16:9, 1920x1080 in an Image editor or inserted into a 16:9 show at their original 3:2 and use Cover Mode. The position or crop can be adjusted using the Framing Controls.

If there are going to be multiple screens then I assume that the best way to show them is via USB Key(s) using MP4 output from PTE. This assumes that the TVs have suitable Media Players.

If you want to use EXE then you will need to use one or more laptops connected via HDMI cable. One for each TV?

Whichever you decide on a rehearsal is recommended preferably a couple of days in advance to iron out any problems.

Try it out on your own TV first?