WnSoft Forums

Video rate improvement

Dear Igor,

I am a PTE fan since 2008. Back to 10 years ago, PTE was an efficient way to share picture sequence with animation through network. As time evolves, bandwidth and footprint limitations are no more issues of media sharing nowadays. People tend to share media using a platform-independent format, video. In fact, exe format is not acceptable for all social networks and is blocked by most firewall and antivirus software.  

In recent 5 years, I have been using PTE to create my travel v-logs that combine still images and videos. I keep using PTE to create video outcome owing to its simplicity for media composition. However, manipulating video files in PTE is quite painful. One may suffer from slow response and frequent crash when processing high-rate video files. In versions older than 9.0.18, video files with rates higher than 40 Mbps can cause lock-up (stop!) in compiling. The new version, 9.0.18, has significant improvement in video performance. But the video rate for composition is still limited to about 50 Mbps. Video file with a rate higher than 50 Mbps will have high chance to get stuck. Giving that the new generation of cameras commonly support 100 Mbps 4K video recording, PTE really needs further improvement to adapt to the new situation in the next version.

Thanks for your response and question!

Future version PTE 10 will use new fast video decoders. All modern video codecs will be supported. New video decoders effectively use multiple threads for decoding and hardware acceleration to reduce CPU loading. I recently tested 3-4 FullHD video clips together on one slide. One 4K UltraHD video also plays in real time. 

Public Beta version should be ready later this year.

15 hours ago, jchuang33467 said:

By the way, could you please consider adding an option to import image sequence in PTE 10? It is very helpful for creating time-lapse video.

Can you explain in more details? PTE already allows adding a batch of images at once to the slide list.

Thanks for this example.

I think that ffmpeg will work better for this task.

ffmpeg.exe" -r 1/5 -start_number 0 -i "D:\images\image%3d.png" -c:v libx264 -r 30 -pix_fmt yuv420p e:\output.mp4

More info:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/24961127/how-to-create-a-video-from-images-with-ffmpeg

or https://deparkes.co.uk/2018/01/05/create-video-images-ffmpeg/