WnSoft Forums

(SOLVED) Jumping videos

MUR

Laptop or desktop? It runs smooth as silk on my systems, but the video is upside down. If you are running it on a laptop and you have recently updated either the OS or the video drivers, that would be a place to start looking. Also if you are running some sort of anti-virus which has been recently updated, try temporarily disabling that. The fact that this is a recent problem and things used to be normal implies some resource change.

Lin

Thanks to everybody

The videos run fine except in PTE projects (converted). I know that must be something in my computer (laptop dell), my graphics card is the original of the computer AMD radeon R5 M335

I download and reinstall PTE 9.0.18, but the problem continues, also with older PTE projects

The upside down of the test video is my fault with my iphone

MUR

Logic would then say that the problem is some incompatibility between the algorithms in PTE 9 and Windows 10 or the algorithms in your video card and PTE 9.  If the video runs smoothly in PTE 8 which I think you meant rather than "ran without problems in windows" (ran without problems in Version 8?). The video card is the same, the hardware is the same , the drivers are the same so something about the new video code and Windows 10 code or the video driver code is problematic. Not knowing exactly what the changes in video were I can't guess where the problem actually lies, but when it runs under other video programs and runs under PTE 8 but does not run correctly under PTE 9 with the same hardware and OS, then there would appear to be a problem with some interaction between the video in PTE 9 and Windows 10 or the video in PTE 9 and your video card driver. 

This is one which is best left for Igor to try to sort...

Best regards,

Lin 

Lap top with 16 g RAM. the same a have been using in the last 3 years

when I said "run without problems" it means in the same computer (windows 10 and PTE 9.0.18) 

Bitdeffender found no virus

MUR

Capture.JPG

Manuel, that pretty much removes the internal PTE 9 video player from the equation and begins to look like an issue with Windows 10 and the video card drivers.  Do you know if they have been recently updated or if Win 10 has been recently updated?  The fact that previous EXE files which did work fine have problems pretty much removes the latest PTE video changes from consideration since the exe isn't using PTE to play but only Win 10 and the video card. 

I still think your best bet is to let Igor know and deal with researching this. 

Best regards,

Lin 

Manuel, Lin,

If it is the same Windows problem (i emphasise IF), then the "solution" from Igor is at the top of the Troubleshooting section and Manuel could try that in the first instance. The symptoms that he describes are identical to what I experienced.

The problem has been discussed elsewhere and other solutions have been found. 

I chose to uninstall 1803 on my laptop with Intel/nVidia graphics and it worked instantly for me with no fuss. Nothing else would work so I had no other choice.

Up to now the problem has been confined to specific Laptop configurations and Manuel is the first (here) to report a problem with an AMD card fitted. Previously Intel/nVidia have been the culprits.

Desktops with just one dedicated card are not affected although one member here noticed that the update had altered her performance settings (nVidia Control Panel).

Windows 7 etc are apparently NOT affected.

The decision is Manuel's - if Igor's fix does not work then it is a really easy procedure to uninstall 1803 in Settings. Since it is a "features" update then having PTE working overrides any loss of new features.

My new Chillblast Desktop PC is running an nVidia 1060 card and had 1803 pre-installed - no probs.

Hi Dave,

Not to try to complicate this any more that already, but Manuel said the problem also appears with EXE files which previously ran fine. Once the EXE is created, PTE is out of the equation AFAIK?  Also Manuel didn't say that his system has any but the internal graphics.  Tis a mystery... What does this Windows 10 update 1803 offer in terms of "features?"  I suppose if auto updates are turned on for the OS that could indeed be the problem and if it's not all that difficult to back out of that Win 10 update, that would be worth trying. For future Win 10 updates I'm wondering if it's necessary to have 1803 on board before more recent updates are done or whether it's like camera firmware where you can skip intermediate updates and just install the latest and greatest?

Best regards,

Lin

IF it is the same problem then it would have the same effect on ALL pte exe file regardless of age but dependent on content.

The problem is caused by the 1803 update and chooses the integrated graphics over the dedicated graphics and nothing will make it otherwise.

Igor has reported it but does not expect a quick solution.

DG

Manuel,

Please check CPU loading in Task Manager before you run an EXE file with this video. It should be below 10%

If you work with FullHD video clips in PicturesToExe 9 I recommend to create MP4 video, not EXE file. It can be a good solution.

For future PicturesToExe 10 we used new fast video decoders with hardware acceleration and it will allow to widely use video clips in EXE files, too.

Manuel,

Currently I can offer only creation of a MP4 video instead of an EXE, if you project contains video clips.

This problem really can be related with Windows 10 v1803 which brought problems with performance on laptops with mobile graphics. Maybe performance will be improved again in the next updates of drivers for these mobile video cards.

Anyway this issue will be solved in future PTE 10, because PTE 10 will use hardware acceleration for video playback.