WnSoft Forums

Newbie wants to put up an AV for Crit!!

Rose Douglas

10 minutes ago, goddi said:

Greetings Tom,

So maybe I can embed links to my individual Facebook shows on the Slideshow club site(?).

Gary

:)

Yes, but you have to upload an exe first

...and if the exe is above the size requirement of SSC you are ST****D.

As I suggested earlier, if you add a short trailer of your show as an EXE you can THEN add the FULL FB Video clip as an embedded video in the DESCRIPTION.

DG

P.S. I tend to agree with what I think Barry said.

Why embed at SSC when you can embed directly here and not have the hassle over the EXE size?

DG

P.P.S to me your show comes under the heading of "Home Movies" so beware, we have been inundated with "Home Movies" in the past. 

DG

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Gary,

I can see your video even as I not have a facebook account.  For the same reason as Tom says I will never sign up for a facebook account.  Also I can not open your facebook page.

Happy New Year,

Bert

38 minutes ago, davegee said:

Home - My Channel?

DG

Thanks, Bert.

Dave.... I just checked my YouTube 'Home' and now I see the 'Channel'. I haven't really used it or looked at it for a long time.  I had tested this out some time ago and uploaded a few shows.

But if you use YouTube, don't  you have to inform your viewers to go to the site to see the newly added show each time? With Facebook, it automatically informs your 'friends'. I don't understand the fear of personal info on Facebook. I don't put anything other than my PTE shows on it. So there is more info out there in other places than Facebook. You have some control. So I am not sure what the apprehension is. Am I missing something?

When someone goes to my YouTube link below, I'm not sure what they would see. Would it be my 'Channel' with the few shows I have posted there??? YouTube just seems a bit more complicated since I don't understand what I see vs. what a 'subscriber' or visitor sees, or does someone have to 'subscribe' to my 'channel'?

For example, I don't understand what the difference is between the two links to my YouTube site, below. Which one do I send out for viewers?

https://www.youtube.com/user/goddi2/featured?disable_polymer=1

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxD2GT0VXKttO7E3IPItxnQ/videos

Gary

PS Wouldn't YouTube have similar personal  info as Facebook...? Really don't know.

38 minutes ago, davegee said:

Yes, but you have to upload an exe first

...and if the exe is above the size requirement of SSC you are ST****D.

As I suggested earlier, if you add a short trailer of your show as an EXE you can THEN add the FULL FB Video clip as an embedded video in the DESCRIPTION.

DG

P.S. I tend to agree with what I think Barry said.

Why embed at SSC when you can embed directly here and not have the hassle over the EXE size?

DG

P.P.S to me your show comes under the heading of "Home Movies" so beware, we have been inundated with "Home Movies" in the past. 

DG

Dave, Thanks for the info. But gee whiz. I didn't know we now have certain categories we have to avoid or adhere to. Yes, my PTE shows might be classified as 'home movies' but I look at them more as 'travelogues'. I enjoy traveling and like to share my experiences to encourage others to travel. They are not so much as 'home' but more about outside the home with adventure. So I should 'beware' and not upload my PTE shows??? :unsure:

Please advise on what type of shows we should be posting. I'd really like to fit better into the requirements. :blink:

Gary

Dave, No offense taken, but just wonder why you would say what you said since most every video can be considered a 'home' movie. It is usually something personal or from a personal experience. I'd say that every show (that is not instructional) on Slideshowclub can be considered a 'home' movie. When I make a show, it is not only for 'friends' as defined in Facebook. It is for people to enjoy. So I think any site, YouTube, Facebook or the Slideshowclub would be ideal. We make them and hope others would enjoy them and just want to find a way of displaying them in any media that works the best.

Gary

Gary

like others I can see the video on Facebook, but not images. I’m not a Facebook user. Tried it once and it just doesn’t appeal. 

With regard to posting shows. I think it has to be remembered that if we post to an enthusiast site, then a certain level of expertise is expected. Not all the time or constantly as everyone has to start somewhere.  I’m probably going to be more difficult to please than your family and friends who are likely to tell you what they think you want to hear.

3 minutes ago, Barry Beckham said:

Gary

like others I can see the video on Facebook, but not images. I’m not a Facebook user. Tried it once and it just doesn’t appeal. 

With regard to posting shows. I think it has to be remembered that if we post to an enthusiast site, then a certain level of expertise is expected. Not all the time or constantly as everyone has to start somewhere.  I’m probably going to be more difficult to please than your family and friends who are likely to tell you what they think you want to hear.

Greetings Barry,

Can you clarify something for me? You say you see the video but not the images. The link to the MP4 was just for the MP4 video. Not sure what you meant by 'not images'. There should not have been any separate still images out side of the MP4 video. I'm just not sure what you see or not see. Since you don't have Facebook, you could not see my full Page, as I understand it.

Sure, I would expect my mother to say nice things. :)   I'd like to post in the Slideshowclub to get critical remarks but, as I've said before, the reduced upload size limitation leaves me out.

Gary

7 minutes ago, goddi said:

I'd like to post in the Slideshowclub to get critical remarks but, as I've said before, the reduced upload size limitation leaves me out.

Gary

Gary, 

You keep saying that even though we have found a way for you to post unlimited shows on SSC. A small token exe and the full length embedded video will give you all that you want. If people want to comment then they will.

Do you disagree or have I missed something?

DG

55 minutes ago, davegee said:

Gary, 

You keep saying that even though we have found a way for you to post unlimited shows on SSC. A small token exe and the full length embedded video will give you all that you want. If people want to comment then they will.

Do you disagree or have I missed something?

DG

Dave... No, I just have not tried it yet. But it is too bad we would have to go through these extra steps when all that has to be done is increase the upload size for the SSC. Igor said he would but it has not been done. Most people would not know about this unless they happen to read these posts.

Gary

Gary

The first link takes me to a facebook page where the video is presented fine. I pasted the link into Windows Explorer that is not linked in any way to Facebook and I've added a screen grab below of what I see. (snap882.jpg)

The second link also takes me to Facebook, but because I am not logged in I don't see any images or your posts. (see screen grab of this too - snap883.jpg)

snap882.jpg

snap883.jpg

6 minutes ago, Barry Beckham said:

Gary

The first link takes me to a facebook page where the video is presented fine. I pasted the link into Windows Explorer that is not linked in any way to Facebook and I've added a screen grab below of what I see. (snap882.jpg)

The second link also takes me to Facebook, but because I am not logged in I don't see any images or your posts. (see screen grab of this too - snap883.jpg)

Barry, Ok, I think I see what is going on. With either link, the MP4 does not play. I see the second link is requiring you to Log In. Ok, you can't.

With the first link, it only 'presents' the cover image, but, still does not  play the MP4 video. When Bert said he saw the video, I guess he meant just the cover image, but it did not play.

Ok...thanks all for the test. So even if I put  a link in the SSC, as Dave shows, it would not be playable.

Oh...just found a link for videos in Facebook that says 'Embed'. Got a different link. I pasted it into my browser but it did not work at all. Would this type of link work in SSC? Probably only for putting into a webpage?

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fgary.oddi%2Fvideos%2F10214048050269550%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Thanks...,

Gary

10 hours ago, davegee said:

Just right click on your video in fb when it is playing - copy the url - paste here or in ssc.

DG

Dave, The problem that I was having with the 'blocking' of the embedded videos caused a bit of confusion for me. After I fixed it, I now I see that you embedded my video in one of your above postings and it played. Before, I could not see that happening. Since I got rid of the 'blocking' or 'tracking' thing, the embedded videos now show up in the Forum.

Gary

On 6/23/2018 at 8:19 PM, Rose Douglas said:

Hi there,

i have just joined this forum and would like to post a couple of AV's here for constructive criticism. Am I able to do so? I tried with the download but it is asking for JPeg files??? can some body please point me in the right direction.

Many thx,

Rose

To go beck to the OP if I may.

Did you post any AV's Rose?

The issue with adding JPEGs confused me to start with but all it means is to add an image to "advertise" your show.

Either the title slide or an image from the show that sums up what it is about.