WnSoft Forums

Remember Settings

Yes you completely overwhelmed me, let me explain how you did that.

I am working in the Objects and Animation screen and I made a suggestion that some tasks could be speeded up, like cover screen, shadows, border width and colour.

Your suggestion:
Click out of the Objects and animation screen
Click to launch Project Options
Click to select the default tab
Click the cover screen button
Click the Apply to all slides
Click OK to close Project options
Click back into Objects and Animation screen

Brilliant, if only I had thought of that 

Igor

As always I have no idea if what I am suggesting is a practical thing, it is just a suggestion and perhaps I wasn't as clear as I should have been before

1. If I add an image in O&A over a white background and apply a 6 px border in black, with a shadow distance of 4 with a size of 4 – Then I add another image to the same background the border goes back to a wide white border and the shadow goes back to default too. Its these that I would like to see remain at the last settings until I next change them. For the border I just want to tick the box, to apply my last setting

Adding a shadow as a template doesn't help because you still have to go to the Customise button and click, then Drop Shadow Template and click, then Select the Pre-set and click and finally click OK. 4 clicks and I am asking that it remembers my last settings and just by ticking the shadow box, it applies it.

2. Select Cover screen from within O&A and when the next image is brought into the same slide. The mode returns to fit. This is another where I would like my previous choice to remain at least while I am working this project

3. Can the KeyFrame Time box be outside of the Animation window so I can access it easily whether I have the properties or animation windows open

Barry,

Thanks for your suggestion. We still can't find the optimal solution for your first suggestion. We can choose 3 ways:

1. Your suggestion (automatically use previously choosed parameters).

2. Save button to save parameters used by default for a new object.

3. Templates of objects.

5 hours ago, Barry Beckham said:

3. Can the KeyFrame Time box be outside of the Animation window so I can access it easily whether I have the properties or animation windows open

I remember that Jill had same request. We'll try to find a place for this time box.

5 hours ago, Barry Beckham said:

Your suggestion:
Click out of the Objects and animation screen
Click to launch Project Options
Click to select the default tab
Click the cover screen button
Click the Apply to all slides
Click OK to close Project options
Click back into Objects and Animation screen

My suggestion??? Are you a clairvoyant?

Igor

I would have to vote for your number 1 idea. Photoshop uses this option a lot and I find it very convenient, because generally we are creatures of habit. We find a setting that appeals to us and we don’t stray too far from it. 

2 hours ago, Igor Kokarev said:

Please do not quarrel. All people have different opinions. 

Igor,

Not to hijack this posting, but since the topic of 'remember settings' has come up, I'd like to re-enter my request to be able to set a default option for location of all files used in a PTE show.

The suggestion does not get any traction but I believe it is useful.

Gary

3 hours ago, Igor Kokarev said:

Regarding initial suggestion, we need time to think how it implement it.

Gary, I remember about your question.

Sorry, I feel myself as a politician who promise something and then doesn't do this! That's terrible.

Igor, This would be an improvement that would be very useful and helpful every day, with every show we work on. Thanks...Gary