WnSoft Forums

Linked Slides-Crossfade Covered

goddi

Greetings,

I have linked 2 slides (video clips), #4 and #5. The crossfade of the first slide (#4) gets covered by the following slide (5#). So once they are linked, I can not see the crossfade of slide #4.

Is this a bug or not?

Gary

LinkCrossFade-3.thumb.jpg.2a54b65158dc682eb93270f4805d8723.jpg

No, this is how it is designed to work. It is not just video, it happens with still images as well.

If you need the cross-fade then move the sounds onto different tracks and use the volume envelope to fade. Or remove the link from the second slide.

Jill

1 hour ago, jkb said:

No, this is how it is designed to work. It is not just video, it happens with still images as well.

If you need the cross-fade then move the sounds onto different tracks and use the volume envelope to fade. Or remove the link from the second slide.

Jill

Greetings Jill,

Thanks. I haven't run into this before so I wasn't sure if it was 'normal'. But I don't see any advantage to this 'design'. Why would it be good to cover up the crossfade of one of the  linked audio clips? I see your solution is workable but just adds to more complicated tracks.

But thanks for the  info.

Gary

Gary, it doesn't just cover up the cross-fade, it cuts the first sound clip at the point where the second one starts.

I believe that it was the only way to be able to link the sounds to the slides.

There is a post in suggestions to look at the way linking works so maybe Igor can solve this problem in a future version.

I link slides if I need to move or copy them, but always unlink again to preserve the cross-fade.

Jill