WnSoft Forums

(Solved) Pan and Zoom Ver 9.0

Ruskin

I have been able to construct a P&Z in version 7.5.

I've moved up to Ver 9 & cannot replicate the effect using key frames.

I am trying to pan my image, pause,  then zoom, I can get as far as pause then when I try to insert a zoom key frame zoom I cannot get it to work.

The interface is quiet different for Ver 9  am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.

You can either CLONE Key Frames or ADD/INSERT them.

The difference is that in a Cloned KF all parameters are replicated and switched ON.

In an Added/Inserted KF all parameters are switched OFF allowing you to just switch on the parameters you need at the added/inserted point.

It is explained more fully in the Online Help. https://docs.picturestoexe.com/en-us/9.0/objectsandanimation_1/main

DG

P.S. Take a look at the following and analyse the KF of the "Y Frame Blue":

Example_Aug15-2018_10-13-55.zip

The vertical movement pauses while the horizontal movement continues.

10 hours ago, davegee said:

You can either CLONE Key Frames or ADD/INSERT them.

The difference is that in a Cloned KF all parameters are replicated and switched ON.

In an Added/Inserted KF all parameters are switched OFF allowing you to just switch on the parameters you need at the added/inserted point.

It is explained more fully in the Online Help. https://docs.picturestoexe.com/en-us/9.0/objectsandanimation_1/main

DG

P.S. Take a look at the following and analyse the KF of the "Y Frame Blue":

Example_Aug15-2018_10-13-55.zip

The vertical movement pauses while the horizontal movement continues.

Many thanks for the advice & pointers, I will take a look & give that a try.

Hi davgee, Sill not managed to do what I want. I've attached my task.

I'm trying to pan my image at the end of the pan I want to zoom into the last part of the image, I'm not sure how to do this.

It was fairly straight forward in 7.5 but I'm blowed if I can get this to work?

Cayotte Buttes Cover Screen.jpg

Example2.pte

Hi

You were halfway there with your example2.

In the objects and animations window, you had 3 keypoints.
The second one doesn't do anything, so right click on it then delete it.

Right click on the 3rd keyframe and clone it.
Drag it to the right then set a zoom value for it in the animations tab.

Regards

wideangle

8 hours ago, wideangle said:

Hi

You were halfway there with your example2.

In the objects and animations window, you had 3 keypoints.
The second one doesn't do anything, so right click on it then delete it.

Right click on the 3rd keyframe and clone it.
Drag it to the right then set a zoom value for it in the animations tab.

Regards

wideangle

Hi

I 've tried that, the effect is that the zoom starts at the beginning of frame (at the start of the panning) The whole frame is zoomed from the start of the pan & not from the new keyframe? 

Am I missing something here or do you think I have a bug in my my software installation, I didn't have a problem doing this in 7.5?

Thanks

Ruskin

Hi Ruskin,

As you're able to do exactly what you want with the version 7.5, do first a project with the version 7.5, and save it (I think you've done it already).

Then, open this project with the version 9, and look carrefully what PTE has done to do the same things (or so I hope).

46 minutes ago, Jean-Cyprien said:

Hi Ruskin,

As you're able to do exactly what you want with the version 7.5, do first a project with the version 7.5, and save it (I think you've done it already).

Then, open this project with the version 9, and look carrefully what PTE has done to do the same things (or so I hope).

Hi Jean-Cyprien,

That was a good suggestion, many thanks.

I can achieve the pan/zoom on my slide in 7.5.

I can load it in Version 9 & it works perfectly, so that is a solution for me, however I would like to do this in version 9.

I am unable to replicate the animation in version 9 using exactly the same method.

I've attached the animation, can you please have a go at building the animation from scratch in version 9 & see if you can achieve the same result.

Ruskin

Example3 version7.5.pte

Hi Ruskin,

I suspect where you may be having your problem in building the same zoom and pan implementation with version 9 is whether or not you place a check mark beside the pan and  zoom blocks.  If you do not place a check mark, the zoom value will be assumed from your last keyframe which is zoomed in. So place your beginning keyframe then your second key frame where you pan and drag the image to the place where you want the pan to end. Then place a check mark next to the pan. Right click and clone the keyframe and be certain a check mark is beside the pan value. Place your last keyframe then drag and zoom and be sure there are check marks beside pan, and zoom. Without the check marks, version 9 will begin the zoom between the starting keyframe and complete it at the last keyframe. So essentially the check mark holds the 100% zoom value until you actually want the zoom to happen. Without it beside values which change later along the time line, PTE 9 will begin the changes from keyframe one.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Ruskin,

I don't understand where you have a problem.

To begin, you change the Key Frame Time at 1000 ms for the first Key Frame, and you put the right values for zoom and pan

Than, you clone the key frame (right clic on the key frame)

For the second key frame, you change the Key Frame Time (2801 ms) and the Pan X value.

You  clone this second key frame. You have now the third key frame. You change only the key frame time (3105 ms)

You clone this third key frame. And for this 4th key frame, you change the time, and the zoom and pan value.

When you clone a key frame, all the check marks are placed for the new key frame.

As PTE is able to read and convert project files done with old versions, it is easy to examine what PTE has done - and so to learn how to do the next time.

Good luck !  Jean-Cyprien

3 hours ago, Lin Evans said:

Hi Ruskin,

I suspect where you may be having your problem in building the same zoom and pan implementation with version 9 is whether or not you place a check mark beside the pan and  zoom blocks.  If you do not place a check mark, the zoom value will be assumed from your last keyframe which is zoomed in. So place your beginning keyframe then your second key frame where you pan and drag the image to the place where you want the pan to end. Then place a check mark next to the pan. Right click and clone the keyframe and be certain a check mark is beside the pan value. Place your last keyframe then drag and zoom and be sure there are check marks beside pan, and zoom. Without the check marks, version 9 will begin the zoom between the starting keyframe and complete it at the last keyframe. So essentially the check mark holds the 100% zoom value until you actually want the zoom to happen. Without it beside values which change later along the time line, PTE 9 will begin the changes from keyframe one.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

You hit the nail on the head with the check marks, that was the solution.

Many many thanks.

Ruskin

2 hours ago, davegee said:

Example3 version7.5_Aug17-2018_18-12-00.zip

Extract the Contents of the ZIP and click on the .pte File. This is basically your file opened in PTE 9 and a new image inserted in place of your missing file.

Is it what you are trying to do?

DG

Thanks DG that's exactly what I wanted to do, I now have the solution.

Cheers

Ruskin

2 hours ago, Jean-Cyprien said:

Hi Ruskin,

I don't understand where you have a problem.

To begin, you change the Key Frame Time at 1000 ms for the first Key Frame, and you put the right values for zoom and pan

Than, you clone the key frame (right clic on the key frame)

For the second key frame, you change the Key Frame Time (2801 ms) and the Pan X value.

You  clone this second key frame. You have now the third key frame. You change only the key frame time (3105 ms)

You clone this third key frame. And for this 4th key frame, you change the time, and the zoom and pan value.

When you clone a key frame, all the check marks are placed for the new key frame.

As PTE is able to read and convert project files done with old versions, it is easy to examine what PTE has done - and so to learn how to do the next time.

Good luck !  Jean-Cyprien

Thanks for your help JC,  I now know what I was missing!

Ruskin

2 hours ago, Barry Beckham said:

Ruskin

The solution you were looking for was what I posted for you 12 messages back :(

Apologies Barry, I did look at the example you sent but, without any words of explanation I'm afraid I  missed the vital ingredient of what I'd done wrong. 

Many thanks for your help

Ruskin