WnSoft Forums

User Guide - Modifiers

goddi

Greetings,

I am trying to understand how to use Modifiers. In the User Guide, the text has no punctuation so it is a bit difficult to read it. Can the periods be entered in the sentences?

Thanks... Gary

"Acceleration Time and Deceleration Time can be set separately or together to produce the Speed Option effects of Version 8 Combinations of Acceleration and Deceleration will produce an almost infinite number of “Smooth” Animation Speed Effects Start Speed will either Slow Down (Negative values) or Speed Up (Positive values) the Start Phase of the Animation Speed set with Acceleration and Deceleration Times Final Braking will either Slow Down (Positive values) or Speed Up (Negative values) the Final Phase of the Animation Speed set with Acceleration and Deceleration Times “Bounce Effects” are possible by using Negative Values of either Start Impulse or Final Braking"

1 hour ago, davegee said:

Search for “visualising modifiers” while you are waiting?

Yes, I had looked at that example. However, I 'see' something happening and I 'see' something can be done with Modifiers.  What I don't understand is how to implement them. I have played with them and something happens but I don't understand how to really use them. I'd like some examples of what the 'thinking' is when they are used.  And what do the '%s' represent. %s of what, or when? What is 'Start speed' and 'Final speed'? Based on what? I can plug in figures but I don't really understand what they are based on or what they will do. For example, the defaults for Accelerate and Slow Down seem to be 1, 56, 0, 0. Why? Smooth, is 26, 26, 0, 0?  I just like to understand how to use these modifiers. I would be of great help is some would make a video and talk us through the process of using modifiers.:)

Gary

Thanks for pointing out that little problem with the O&A Page of the OH.

Jeff had been working on that and obviously, when he became ill, had to leave it. I hadn't realised what was left to do. 

I will try to spend some time on it but my own circumstances mean that I can only spend short periods at any one time. Don't hold your breath.

Please experiment a little and if you come up with anything that you think might be helpful - share it.

I have used a Jumping Modifier in a CT and you should easily be able to find that. My Analogue Timer was based on the Shift Modifier. I posted an Animation Speed Comparison Style which (I hope) shows how the different Animation Speed Modifiers work when compared with a default Linear Animation Speed. J-C has posted much. There is material out there waiting to be analysed. You can then ask SPECIFIC questions rather than be led by the nose every step of the way.

DG

Greetings Dave,

I'd like to start out with something simple with the Animation Speed modifier. I'd like to, for example, slow down a pan. It seems to default to 1,56,0,0. So I'd like to understand how to use these settings and achieve a simple  Slow Down in a Pan, for example.

So I clone a keyframe and have the image move from keyframe1 to keyframe2. Which keyframe gets the Slow Down modifier? And which of the 1,56,0,0 do I change and what settings?

Gary