WnSoft Forums

A Little Promotion For PTE Demo

Lin Evans

JT,

You would have to ask Jean-Cyprien about that. They don't show on all displays. I see them on my 30 inch 2560x1600 but not on my smaller displays. I'm not certain if minor changes could be made to make them less visible or invisible. For some reason they are less visible with the exe than with the 720p video...

Best regards,

Lin

I take my hat off to you. My brain just doesn't work in a way that could come up with something like this. Earlier today I was watching the video and was baffled how the pages were curved one way on the right and the other on the left.

This needs to be a slide style

Ingenious work

Hi Barry,

It is a slide style. Jean-Cyprien posted it last year. I modified it slightly and made two more styles and posted them also. One for a general book style and one for a wedding style. All three are linked below:  See the discussion here:

Best regards,

Lin

Jean-Cyprien's Book Style Modified.ptestyle

Livre pour images verticales.ptestyle

Jean-Cyprien's Book Style For Wedding.ptestyle

Thank you Barry, for your kind appreciation.

Try the style, it's very simple. To try it is to adopt it !!!

Dave, the problem for me, is that I don't see any lines with my 1920x1080 screen, even with the zoom at 5000%. Thus, I'm in the dark to find a solution.

Thanks for the link

Hi Jean-Ciprien,

I've made a little video screen capture which may shed some light on this issue of lines. I can see them when I reduce the size using PTE's Objects and Animations percent size tool. When at 25% they can plainly be seen. At 50% they can still be seen, but not nearly as prominently as at 25%. At 75% they are difficult to see and at 100% I can no longer see them on my own display. 

When I make a 720p video, they are visible but almost invisible on an Exe file. I don't know why because there is a two pixel overlap that they are visible at all. Perhaps it may have something to do with interpolation sizing but the solution, if there is one,  is out of my league...

Best regards,

Lin

Click on the link below and play the small video....

Hi LIn

I am only making assumptions, but since the problem is with reduced sizes and the pixels are whole numbers (there is no fraction of pixels), when scaling images, some pixels are lost. You could try with higher overlap.

MUR

I wonder if it is a PTE problem at all. When I played around with masks when PTE 9 was under test, I found that when I made two masks, where one was black and white and the other a direct opposite. I had to make the white parts of one mask a couple pixels larger or lines between the masks showed.

However, I have seen Something similar in Photoshop when cutting and pasting a straight edged selection in layers. At some magnifications on screen it looks like there is a 1 pixel gap between my subject and the copied part on a new layer. Zoom in and it disappears. 

Is there a connection here and could it be more about how screen resolve fine detail?

It's not an easy thing to dissect. I suspect the only way to really attempt to solve this is to experiment. The problem is that when displayed as a video with fewer  pixel dimensions that the native resolution of the display, the images will be interpolated to fill the screen in most cases. This then changes the relationship slightly between the components and introduces yet another variable. When created as an exe, the full original dimensions of the composition will be displayed providing that the display has this capability. In the case of this show, I resized all images to 960 x 640 so when they are seen on a larger display there will be interpolation to fill the screen. I might try to create another show using the same aspect ratio images but with a much larger pixel count and see if it also shows the lines. 

Best regards,

Lin

O.K. - Here's a test. In this sample I cropped high resolution images to 1920 vertical by 1280 horizontal thus keeping the same aspect ratio as in the original but using much higher resolution images.  Then instead of using 720 p  video, I created this at 1080p and I see no trace of the lines on my own system... Please let me know whether or not you see lines????  Later - I see no lines on the video on my 30" 2560x1600 pixel display either. Perhaps the solution is to use at least a 1920x1280 resolution image cropped from a higher resolution original and use a 1080p video mode. 

Again - is anyone seeing lines now?????  Be certain you're watching at 1080p...

Best regards,

Lin