WnSoft Forums

Our Foxy Neighbor - in Slideshow Club

goddi

1 hour ago, davegee said:

In your opinion, is there a quality disadvantage and if so can you explain in detail?

DG

Dave,

I'm not sure exactly what you are referring too, but if it is my having to upload an MP4 vs an exe, it does not have anything to do with quality, but with size. For example, my latest upload to SSC was in MP4 format, 32 Mbs. In exe format, the size was 284 Mbs. The max size of uploads used to be about 273 Mbs, and then changed to its current max size of 125 Mbs. These larger sized files are primarily due to use of video clips. I have wanted to upload many other shows but this size limitation prohibits it, even in MP4 format.

I've posted this problem over a year ago and Igor said he would fix it but it has not been fixed yet. I am surprised no one else seems to be concerned.

Gary

Gary,

It was simple question regarding quality of THIS video and nothing to do with your continuing beef about upload sizes.

You indicated the the EXE was too large to upload so you uploaded a smaller MP4. So if the MP4 was smaller (in Mb) than the EXE  was there a significant drop in quality from EXE to MP4 and what was the reason for it?

Quality wise - it didn't look too bad.

DG

11 minutes ago, davegee said:

Gary,

It was simple question regarding quality of THIS video and nothing to do with your continuing beef about upload sizes.

You indicated the the EXE was too large to upload so you uploaded a smaller MP4. So if the MP4 was smaller (in Mb) than the EXE  was there a significant drop in quality from EXE to MP4 and what was the reason for it?

Quality wise - it didn't look too bad.

DG

Dave,

Ok, got it. No, I don't see any real difference in quality between MP4 and EXE shows. Actually, I am leaning more to just making MP4s, due file size. And they go up on my Facebook page very easily, no problem with file size either. And, I seem to prefer the ability to see the show in a smaller size on my larger computer screen. Sometimes the full screen viewing of an exe is just  too big. Also, MP4s work well when you have digitized an old lower quality format, like Hi8, and you can make the show smaller on the monitor to reduce pixelation if it was shown as a full screen EXE. Usually, but not always, the MP4 is smaller in size.

Maybe Igor should change the name to PicturesToMp4?  :rolleyes: Just kidding...

Gary

4 hours ago, Lin Evans said:

I hope the little critter's malady continues to improve - great that you could provide some medicine to help out with the problem. Definitely looks improved in the later video...

Best regards,

Lin

Yes, he is getting better. He has a brother that has a good thick coat. If I can get him latter on with more improvement, I'll take some more video. They live just across the street. I've done this to a few other foxes in my area that get the mange. Here is the first one. I discovered him sleeping in our cat bed on our front porch.

SQ2goodfox-adj.thumb.jpg.d8b737651e2c786cb93fcccdb46058ee.jpg

Gary