WnSoft Forums

The Envelope Tool in PTE9 delux

I have had a fair number of requests from PTE users over the past year or so that they cannot adjust the sound volume. I had another person approach me at a Camera Club last night with the same issue. I explained what the likely problem was and received this email. Thanks Barry I found the line, and that works of course, it's really in a way hard to find or to know to be honest, especially if one uses the program not on a regular basis….but anyway I won't forget this time for sure…

The cause is always the same thing. For some reason the Envelope tool accidentally gets turned off and it's probably down to user error. However, if I have been asked 6 times about this in the past year or so, it's a fair bet others have had the same issue and perhaps found the answer themselves after some frustration.

Turning off the Envelope tool by accident is a little easier to do if your are a graphics tablet user, because you don't have to physically click the option to turn it off. It can easily be done without realising it by dragging the pen across the icon.

Firstly I would suggest that this line is left permanently on as I can see little reason to ever want to turn it off. However, knowing that there will always be someone who wants the option to turn it on or off, can I suggest it gets placed into the preferences where it's unlikely to be turned off in error.

I agree with Barry, this option should be in preferences. I have also known people who have turned it off by accident and not realised or known how to turn it back on.

Another thing which should be set on automatically is to show the 'slice of bread' preview from current slide.

I had someone yesterday who had upgraded to v9 and had spent 2 days trying to work out how to preview from part way through a show.

This icon always used to be present but for some reason was set to be hidden by default in v9.

Can it be set to show in V10 please.

Jill

On 9/11/2018 at 2:50 AM, Barry Beckham said:

I suggest it gets placed into the preferences where it's unlikely to be turned off in error.

Barry,

I took a pause to think and I tend to agree with you suggestion. If it confuse many users we should improve it.

Additionally I can add an option in the Timeline Tools menu which always will be available.

On 9/11/2018 at 1:44 PM, jkb said:

Another thing which should be set on automatically is to show the 'slice of bread' preview from current slide.

I had someone yesterday who had upgraded to v9 and had spent 2 days trying to work out how to preview from part way through a show.

This icon always used to be present but for some reason was set to be hidden by default in v9.

Can it be set to show in V10 please.

Jill,

We removed that button from version 8.0, because a new function (button) duplicates it. Since v8.0 it became possible to preview a project from any time point, not only from slide beginning as in old versions.

Probably I missed something important.

preview-slide.jpg

9 hours ago, Igor Kokarev said:

We removed that button from version 8.0, because a new function (button) duplicates it.

I must admit I never use that button & had completely forgotten it was there.
I have the 'slice of bread' set on in preferences, but usually just right click in the mini preview window.

The problem comes for people who are used to using the 'slice of bread' from older versions.
Then when they upgrade they can't find it & don't know how to get full screen preview.

For anyone starting off from version 9 it shouldn't be a problem, although maybe it would be more obvious if it was placed next to the play/stop buttons in the previw window?

Jill

I tend to agree with Jill's view that the preview button is rather hidden away way over on the right. OK for those who know about it, but given that a preview is such an important part of creating a slideshow. I would place it on a button alongside the Objects and Animation screen, with the words Preview clearly on show

On 9/17/2018 at 4:39 PM, Igor Kokarev said:

... We removed that button from version 8.0, because a new function (button) duplicates it ...

The new button does a similar job as the "Toast", but not exactly the same one. If you highlight a slide, the cursor's position typically is behind the incoming transition. So clicking the new button does not show the transition, while the Toast does show it :)  So, I myself like to have both buttons, depending on what I want to see, a start exactly at the cursor's position, or a slide including the incoming transition :):)