WnSoft Forums

Names Not retained with Slide Styles

Barry Beckham

I was doing a little PTE work today and in the O&A screen I changed the names of some images so they were more easily identified.  See Belowsnap786.jpg.c3a08c7aa9c9c6bc1a82e90845244a16.jpg

I then made a Slide Style, but when I re-apply the style the O&A screen reverts to this below. It retained the changed names of the text, but not the 4 bike images and the background. I sort of expected it to retain those names. A bug or is this how its designed to work?

snap787.jpg.d4644174ca720567bc3b35209ba6d2ff.jpg

Lin

I Think I did save, but can't fully remember. I did it a few times thinking I had done something wrong, but recreating it for Igor gave the same results after it was saved 

Igor.

I have sent two links in a PM, one to the re-created project as a BIZ and the slide style created from it. 

I got the same results this morning as yesterday

Later. I took the BIZ to my W10 PC and tried creating the slide style there and when the style is reapplied it also gives the same results as previously, which was using W7

Hi Barry,

Yes it appears to be a bug - sometimes it makes us wonder whether and when the PTE file has been updated. I have auto-save turned on, but that too can sometimes create issues if I forget to save after making changes. I'm sure Igor will work it out soon...

Best regards,

Lin

Barry,

We located and fixed this problem for future PTE 10. It was a deep change in the code of PTE and I'm not certain if it would be safe to insert it for PTE 9. It may require careful testing to make sure that slide style will not be broken.

If you and other members ask this change, we'll prepare an updated version 9.0.x and we will need your help with testing of slide styles.

Igor

I would leave it for PTE10. It's not vital and we know that because it's taken up 18 months to discover it. If it was important someone else would have discovered it by now. I only stumbled on it by accident while trying out ways to create demos that would accompany video tutorials.

It's not a big thing

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/25/2018 at 1:02 AM, Barry Beckham said:

I would leave it for PTE10. It's not vital and we know that because it's taken up 18 months to discover it. If it was important someone else would have discovered it by now. I only stumbled on it by accident while trying out ways to create demos that would accompany video tutorials.

It's not a big thing

Barry,

We fixed this issue for PTE 10. I'd like to add this change for PTE 9 but it may require longer testing to make sure that everything is OK. Thanks for understanding.

On 9/24/2018 at 4:23 PM, davegee said:

While I have no "objection" to this being implemented (I don't HAVE to use it - others can) it seems to me to be unwise to allow ALL image names to be changed and included in the Style.

Non-Indexed Images - yes.

Indexed Images - no.

Dave,

Can you explain in more details, please?

On 9/24/2018 at 3:59 PM, Tonton Bruno said:

May be I missed it, but I have no idea of the expected delivery date for v10, and what will be the major changes in this version.

Could you please say something about it ?

Hi Bruno,

I will tell in a new topic soon.

Igor,

Let's say that Barry uses an image of an old broken down car as an Indexed Image to create/author his Style and renames it "Old Banger".

When the USER now adds an image of his wife to the Slide List and applies Barry's Style then the image of the User's wife would be renamed "Old Banger". Highly inappropriate and totally irrelevant!

Non-indexed images included in the Style would not have the same problem because Barry would rename any such images appropriately. :)

DG