WnSoft Forums
wideangle

Include audio track as part of a Slide Style

I think that there is supposed to be a part workaround for doing this but I prefer not to have workarounds.

I would like the facility to go to a Pte project, highlight one or more slides, and make a Slide Style. If there is any audio which spans my selected slides, then I would expect that section of audio to carry across into my Slide Style.

Regards

wideangle

I believe that Igor is already planning a different approach for Styles in Version 10.

I have been asking for a more "additive" approach for a loooong time where certain features of a slide are left unaltered while others can be edited by the Style.

It would be switchable, of course.

Making a "new" style compatible with older styles might be a problem?

Including of audio clips from the global audio timeline into a Slide style may cause unpredictable behaviour of PTE. Where to insert linked audio clips? Which track?

I consider an idea of a "Sound" object which can be added as an object to a slide (in Objects and animation editor). So the sound will be firmly linked with a particular slide and thus include to a Slide style. However a lack of this idea - no waveform and no audio parameters. 

I would prefer to see the timeline and audio track in O & A above anything else.

Roel

2 hours ago, Roel said:

I would prefer to see the timeline and audio track in O & A above anything else,  Roel

I fully agree, and there should be timeline scaling in O&A, as well.

BTW: IMO audio in styles, as requested here, does not make much sense :(

9 hours ago, jt49 said:

fully agree, and there should be timeline scaling in O&A, as well

+1

timeline scaling in O&A is essential.

Jill

17 hours ago, jt49 said:

I fully agree, and there should be timeline scaling in O&A, as well.

BTW: IMO audio in styles, as requested here, does not make much sense :(

I also agree with the inclusion in O&A.

On your second point, IMO I guess nothing makes any sense if you can’t see a use for it.

Regards

wideangle

On 10/9/2018 at 2:04 PM, Roel said:

I would prefer to see the timeline and audio track in O & A above anything else.

Roel

+1 +1

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:29 AM, chanfi22 said:

+1 +1

Me too I would very much enjoy to see the timeline and audio track in O & A, so I could easily match the animation with the music VISUALLY, along the whole slide time, rather than having to listen many many times to the music and then try and drop a keypoint at the precise moment.