WnSoft Forums

Copy and Paste Settings

Something that would have been useful for me today in a project I was working on. To be able to right click a slide and copy the settings and paste them to another slide or many slides. (much like a slide style) However, the settings were not something I wanted to store and I wanted a quicker way. Adobe's bridge has this option where you can copy the entire editing of one image to another or many

Yes, I know there are other ways to do the same thing, but in practical work, quicker is better. Just a thought

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Igor

I was working on a presentation that I posted recently on SSC called the Exposure Clock and while I was using PTE to put it together there were a few times where it would have been useful to copy and paste settings from one thumbnail to another from either the slide list or time line.

I suppose I was influenced a bit by the fact that this is possible in Adobe's Bridge. If you create editing changes to an image in Camera Raw you can then copy and paste those settings to one or a hundred other images in Bridge. Its the settings that get copied and transferred not the image.

It's rather like the slide style, but in practice I don't have a need or a desire to create a Slide Style all the time. It was while creating that presentation that the idea came to me. I confess I am not sure if its practical or desirable even.

It would have to include everything including objects I guess, because sometimes it can be easier to copy all and then remove anything you didn't want. Always easier to remove than create.

This is not a workaround but you can currently copy single or all selected objects from the objects and animation window into other slides. If you open up the copied objects they are in text format. Not sure how a copied style would be different other than not having to open up objects and animation window.

Tom