WnSoft Forums

Installed Windows update 1809

tom95521

Does this address the issue that Windows 10 v1803 caused jerky playback of PTE presentations?

I rolled the update back and stopped future updates on my laptop.

My main computer still uses windows 7.

I did a small presentation at our club the other night that ran smooth on my laptop.

Ran it through the club laptop and it was very jerky as they had updated to 1803.

Can others confirm.

Many thanks,

Kieron

Kieron,

We'll check updated Windows 10 (1809) next week with NVIDIA mobile dual graphics.

We also recently received a confirmation from NVIDIA about earlier reported problem with slow performance. So I hope that they will prepare the solution soon.

The update has been temporarily disabled while Microsoft checks out deleted users files. There is a new Nvidia 416.6 driver for 1809.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/10/06/windows-10-october-update-delete-pulled/

Tom

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, tom95521 said:

I just finished updating my third windows computer to version 1809. So far no problems.

Tom

After seeing your posting, I just checked my Windows update status and it shows '1803' and 'up to date'. Where is the 1809 update? This morning, an automatic 'update' occurred but it still shows '1803'.

What am I missing? :blink:

Gary

Hi Gary,

Microsoft is doing a "staged rollout" of the update so it might be a few days before installation. If you want the update now I would try the link I posted above to download the microsoft app that does a manual update. Only one of my three PCs did an auto update for 1809.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2018/11/13/resuming-the-rollout-of-the-windows-10-october-2018-update/

Thanks,
Tom

Hi wideangle,

I have 2 semi-logical explanations.

1. I want to have control of exactly when the update takes place.
2. I'm from California. We like to live on the bleeding edge of computing. :)

Tom

Hi Tom,

When you say no problems , does that mean that the issues we had prior in Pictures to exe. are corrected? I updated the video driver to the latest released on the 13th, hopefully the combination of both will solve the prior issues.

Thanks,

Kieron

Hi Kieron,

I cannot verify it has been fixed. I have not experienced the Nvidia bug on my Lenovo ideaPad i7 with Nvidia GTX 660 laptop.

I think this is the latest from Igor. He may have further information.

Tom

Installed 1809 and latest NVIDIA driver. I am now using Acronis backup to 1709 on Laptop. Will stay with Windows 7 on desktop computer. Unfortunately can not upgrade to the latest Photoshop build for Windows 10. The micro stuttering is still evident on transitions with the new update 1809.  At least for me.

Before 1803 everything is smooth. Will wait for Igor to assess the latest update. Until then I will prevent Windows 10 from forcing 1803 update on my laptop.

Kieron

I checked and my global default in the Nvidia control panel was integrated GPU. After enabling the Nvidia gpu I get an error message. I hope Nvidia comes up with a fix soon.

Tom

If you google micro stuttering in windows 1803 and 1809 the gamers are furious. They have some apparent fixes or hacks that they say are working for them. Is it a windows problem? or NVIDIA? or the combination after build 1709.

Kieron

On 11/15/2018 at 9:46 PM, tom95521 said:

Hi wideangle,

I have 2 semi-logical explanations.

1. I want to have control of exactly when the update takes place.
2. I'm from California. We like to live on the bleeding edge of computing. :)

Tom

Hi Tom,

I've read about terrible wildfire in California in November and I hope that you're in a safe place.

Hi Igor,

Yes, very safe. I live in Arcata, a small town very close to the Pacific ocean. We sometimes have earthquakes and maybe tsunami warnings, but never forest fires. The town of Paradise which was destroyed is about 360 km south east. It is much drier and hotter inland.

https://goo.gl/maps/8UQNb1wd31y

Thanks,
Tom

• 3 weeks later...

Just read that Microsoft have blocked the rollout of the October update of Windows 10 for a second time. Apparently it ceased on Nov 21 for people whose monitors had Intel drivers, because it was causing sound problems.

Another good reason for not rushing into these things it seems.

Regards

wideangle

We checked Windows 10 v1809 update. The problem with a slow performance on mobile dual NVIDIA + Intel graphics is NOT solved yet.

Avoid the update to v1803 or 1809 as long as possible.

We're still waiting the solution from NVIDIA after their confirmation of this problem.