WnSoft Forums
scoutdubna

mixing video and slides and text

I have PIcturestoexe V9.0 and I am wanting to include a video, but show over the top of it, some slides and beneath the odd caption.

Can someone point me to a good tutorial which covers this please.

CHRIS

First, you need to learn to split your video into "sections" along the Timeline.

Add the video to the slide list and adjust its duration as required.

Then, in Objects and Animation / Properties change "Single Video Clip" to "Master Video Track".

Add the Video Clip again and this time set its properties to "Link to (the Master Video Track)" and set a duration as required.

Do this as many times as you require.

The result is that the Video will play seamlessly over the number of slides you have created.

You can then add images and/or text to the individual slides in Objects and Animation. Durations of the slides can be adjusted at any time.

As Dave says. Also, if you go ahead and put all your image in subsequent slides before creating additional slides with the video, you don't need to set the properties to "Link to Master Video Track" - just copy the original "Master Video Track" and paste to subsequent slides and the video will automatically be set to "Link To Master Video Track."  You will have to change the layer of the slides so that they fall on the top layer and adjust the image sizes so you can see the video running in the background.

Lin

Chris, here is a quick video tutorial.  Please excuse my voice - still recovering from a stroke and my speech is still not normal... Also, had I set the proper size on the first instance (the Master Video) I would not have had to do it for each one - it would have been copied correctly...

Lin

Thanks Dave and Lin.  Is there a simple way within picturestoexe to split a video?  I have managed to do it in avs4you video converter but it is quite a slog to achieve.

There really isn't a "simple" way to do it in PTE because PTE isn't a video editor. In the "conversion" process you have the ability to set the start and stop time so you "COULD" do it by duplicating this process as many times as necessary, but frankly it is best done with a dedicated video editor. 

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks Lin for the tutorial video.  You made it seem so simple and I have managed to produce the video for my wine tasting circle on Tuesday next, thanks for that..  I've PMd you.

CHRIS

Hello Lin,

I am thrilled that your voice has come back as far as it has. It sounds great to me!

Take care of yourself, you are a valuable asset to this forum and I revert to your videos all the time.

Kieron

Hi Chris, Kieron,

Thanks - glad to be able to be understood...

Best regards,

Lin

Lin, thank you for the informative video, I'm glad you are on the mend.

All the best, Robert