WnSoft Forums

Workaround Style with Audio Clip included

davegee

If you REALLY want to create a Style with an Audio Clip Included - it could be a Camera Shutter noise, a Telephone ringing or maybe church bells in the background etc etc etc - this is one way of doing it. I have just used a short clip of the first music track that came along. Be aware that including Audio in a Style this way COULD be quite costly in terms of file size. I am in the camp which sees only problems for Styles with Audio - they cannot (with this method) be interchanged or edited.

I am pretty sure that someone will be along any moment with a different (better) way of doing it - he/she usually does - but I have used this method and it works OK for me. But if he/she has a different (better) way, I surely wish that he/she would have posted it first?

Zoom and Audio.ptestyle

DG

Methodology:

Start a new Project and add a small rectangle with Zero Opacity.

Add the Audio Clip to the Timeline and adjust volume, duration etc to suit the intended Style.

Publish as an 800x600 AVI file.

In the Project from which you want to create the Style:

Add a "Separator for Background Objects".

Right Click on the Separator and Add the AVI File.

Create the Style.

Hi Dave,

A long time ago as I recall, Igor suggest making a tiny video with the sound which is the way I've been doing it. Really tiny because it's made invisible. I don't know how much this affects the overall size of the style but I use only a couple pixels for the video in the custom feature. My ticking watch styles are about 2,000 KB more or less. I suspect the audio files contribute the most to the size. 

Best regards,

Lin

If you create the video with a black slide and fit all slides to soundrack then publish as a custom MP4 you should be able to get the video file size smaller than the original WAV or MP3 file. The sound can be deleted or changed by opening the video Properties, Picture, and navigating to a different video.

Tom

Hi Dave,

I am sorry. My mistake. I thought your video was using an AVI with MP3 compression. Your video was already using MP4 container with AAC compression. I renamed the .ptestyle to .zip and extracted to check. Always something new to learn...

Thanks,
Tom

File Name:
    project1 (4).mp4
File Size:
    969.7 KB
Media Length:
    00:00:30
Video Format:
    AVC
    800 X 600
    29.97  fps