WnSoft Forums
Igor Kokarev

News about PTE 10

I have slight concern about Mac hardware. For some reason Apple frequently installs slow integrated video cards to Mac computers. For example, all Mac Mini, iMac 21.5" Retina with slow Intel integrated graphics. Althought this Mac has 4K screen resolution (in 4.5 times larger than 1920 x 1080).

For best work with PTE it should be relatively new Macbook Pro (2016+), iMac with NVIDIA or AMD graphics, or iMac Pro (ideal variant).

Even PC with relatively old NVIDIA Geforce 1050 is much faster than any iMac or Macbook Pro (except of iMac Pro). Also if on PC a typical screen resolution is 1920 x 1080, when Macs use 2560×1600, 2880×1800, 4096х2304 or even 5120х2880! Apple should install at least Geforce 1050 or AMD Radeon Vega in all their Macs...

Thanks Igor. I have a late 2013 iMac with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2014MB graphics card. I find that PTE can take time to load (as does Windows 10 via Parallels)  but once its up and running its not noticeably slow. I'm sure a native Mac version will improve matters - but if not I will have to fall back on Plan B and buy a Windows desktop machine!

All the best

Hi Igor,

I'm really pleased that a Mac version is getting much closer.  I have only just spotted this and wondered if you are planning to email those interested in testing the Beta version when it is released?  If you are please add me to the list.  

I have not used PTE for several years after my last Windows PC gave up the ghost so I guess I will have a steep learning curve to go through.  Any suggestions on a good place to start would be welcome.

Peter 

1 hour ago, Igor Kokarev said:

Peter,

We'll announce a public Beta version here on the forum for all registered members.

Great news Igor, thank you. Will you post to this thread? I shall have to get into the habit of checking more regularly!!

5 hours ago, Dave Whenham said:

Great news Igor, thank you. Will you post to this thread? I shall have to get into the habit of checking more regularly!!

Don't worry Dave you won't miss it! we will also post about it on the avnews Facebook page and also in the AV Links newsletter www.avlinks.org.uk

Jill

7 hours ago, Igor Kokarev said:

My workplace.

pte10.jpg

Hi Igor,

I see 64 bit on the Mac.:) Do you write code in English or does the editor translate between languages (Cyrillic <-> English)? I hope you will post a demo slideshow to the forum so all can see the new hardware accelerated video (when it's ready).

Thanks,
Tom

1 hour ago, Dave Whenham said:

You do look after me Jill! Thanks as aways - see you in Leeds next May!

will miss you if you go in May - it is 7th April

Details will be on avnews as always

Jill