WnSoft Forums
Igor Kokarev

News about PTE 10

Hi,

We plan to introduce PTE 10 Beta 1 this winter.

PTE 10 for Mac is planned for 2019. Right now we're working on the final stage to assembly Mac version of PTE 10. Mac version of PTE 10 will be only 64-bit. Honestly it's a very hard work, because we had to rewrite all code of PTE.

Here are some major features of PTE 10:

- New fast video decoders with hardware acceleration for smooth playback of video clips. We tried to provide smooth playback of 60p video clips in real time. [DONE]

- New video encoders with hardware acceleration (works faster in 3-5 times). [DONE]

- Dark mode of the graphical interface (classical Light theme is also available). [ALMOST DONE]

- Hardware accelerated graphical interface of PTE [ALMOST DONE]
Slide list, Timeline and File list should work faster and more smooth on screens with high resolution. We created this technology to make a cross-platform code for PTE 10.

- Themes of slide styles. A theme is a group of several slide styles which can be applied to many slides (according rules set by an author) [ALMOST DONE]

- We plan to add Text effects (animations). This work is not performed yet.

Of course, it's not final list of all improvements of PTE 10. We already added many new features and improvements which will be announced with first public Beta version.

PTE 10 for Windows will be 32-bit. We plan 64-bit version later after release of 64-bit Mac version. However even 32-bit version of PTE 10 will able use 4 GB of memory instead of 2 GB in PTE 9.

Thank you for the update and for giving a light at the end of the tunnel for a Mac version. That will please a lot of people. 

This must be good news for all PTE users.

We should take every opportunity to re-assure MAC users of the impending release of PTE for MAC.

DG

I am excited to see that the MAC version is soon to be available. I guess there will be many of us looking forward to this.

Well done to the PTE team for all the hard work and I hope that the Beta version will prove to be a success.

Ronnie West.

Good sound finaly and a bit damn for Mac Pte in later 2019: patience because will save money for new notebook that replace old Win desktop! At time 9.0 runs on desktop and on Mac I have Pshop Lightroom Premiere and other tools. Finally no switch (via Usb like Dj) Win vs Mac and viceversa

Regards

Ghulya

Great news! Even though I live in California I'm staying with Windows for my next computer. The hardware is easier to upgrade.

Thanks,
Tom

Wonderful news Igor!  Thanks to you and your team for all this hard work !!!!

Best regards,

Lin

Can`t wait! Many thanks,

Kieron

Looking forward to this!  Thanks so much for a wonderful product.  I absolutely LOVE PTE and it just keeps getting better.

Hi JudyKay

What makes it such a wonderful product is the fact that Igor and team are always willing to listen to what users are requesting, and respond quickly to that to deliver the goods. 

Can you think of any other company who reacts as well as that? I can’t.

Regards

wideangle

Thanks for all your comments and support!

With a full hardware acceleration the graphical interface of PTE 10 works very fast. Each element of the interface (buttons, checkboxes, thumbnails of pictures, everything is being rendering in a video card, almost without CPU loading). Even animations on adding or removing of slides from the Slide list works very smooth as silk. Scrolling is very smooth. Even old Geforce 8600GT from 2007 year shown very good results. I hope that you will be pleasantly impressed when first Beta is ready. 

15 hours ago, Igor Kokarev said:

. I hope that you will be pleasantly impressed when first Beta is ready. 

Hi Igor

we are very excited to play with this promising new version

Just hoping that v10 will have video output to DCI color space and not just rec 709.