WnSoft Forums

BLUR - Negative values do not work!

orizaba

Please, some help!

Some years ago I had this same problem: Blur negative values (sharpness) do not work. I can not understand why, but there must be a reason somewhere...

Please, download from "We Transfer" this zip file, a small part of a PTE project I am making, and try to check the Blur/Sharpness effect. I am using PTE 9.0.14. Blur effect applying to the only movie, "VILAMOURA".

https://we.tl/t-swA4apdi74

Thanks for letting me know where am I doing wrong.

Jose

Yes, I think you are right.

My doubt now is: does Unsharp Mask effect add to previous set negative Blur, or, otherwise, Blur is “disconnected” and only Unsharp is applyed?

I could not conclude about this.

I think there is no additive and that negative blur does not work if unsharp mask is set in Project Options.  However, on my XP system it does not always work and there is perhaps a bug.  Sometimes when I set unsharp mask in Project Options, then change it back to "None" the negative blur still doesn't work. To make it work I have to save and exit PTE then reopen the file.  

Best regards,

Lin

Jose,

If you set globally the Unsharp Mask in the Project Options, it can't be controlled for a certain objects setting negative value of a Blur option.

However I see one strange behavoir of PTE 9. When you change the global Unsharp Mask parameter from the O&A editor the preview should reflect a new result. Will check it on Monday.