WnSoft Forums

Flipping Playing Cards

davegee

Hi Dave, 

Another great animated style. There are so many great ones to choose from now. I know Lin has a slideshow with sample styles but I think we need a styles webpage with info, small video preview, and link to download the style.

Thanks,
Tom

On 10/22/2018 at 8:23 AM, tom95521 said:

Hi Dave, 

Another great animated style. There are so many great ones to choose from now. I know Lin has a slideshow with sample styles but I think we need a styles webpage with info, small video preview, and link to download the style.

Thanks,
Tom

Hi Tom,

I think you're on to a very good idea. Getting it implemented might be a bit problematical, but it's definitely something needed for the near future. The vast number of styles which are already available is nearly overwhelming to a new user and even though I created a show which showed the name of the then available styles and demonstrated how they worked, it's become nearly impossible to keep up and of course  in that respect there is no way to catalog the available styles. What we need first is a general "tree" of style types containing a description of and a single source location where they can be easily downloaded. This needs to be available so all users can add to it and place their styles in the proper place so that other users can both see and download. We really need to get on it because with the speed that new styles are becoming available it's going to get out of hand very soon if we don't. 

I also believe that Wnsoft needs to produce styles and "themes" as a profit center for the company. Though I have no interest myself, I'm guessing that some users might also like to produce styles and themes to sell and perhaps a centralized location to distribute both free styles and those for sale might be a useful thing with perhaps a portion of the "sale" from user contributions going toward upkeep and maintenance and offsetting the cost of the host. This should, of course, be a voluntary thing and not everyone will want to participate, but for those who do it could be quite useful. 

If anyone has suggestions about web software amenable to creating this type tool it would be helpful. I haven't kept up with web software for "sales" purposes but I think that's the type software needed even it not used for "selling" but just distributing. It would have to be software which is very easy to add new items to and to upload and download from. Barry may have some ideas here since he already has his business set up in a similar way....

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

I think the slideshowclub.com software might work if there was a new section for transitions and styles. People could like/vote their favorites so the best would show up first. If not then a simple webpage like https://archive.slideshowclub.com/ would work but it would require someone maintain it.

I know TheDom had a site with templates for sale but not sure if it was profitable. If people shared the PTE source files I think it could be copied by others. I know Igor is busy with getting the v10 beta ready so it might be awhile before it's implemented.

Thanks,
Tom