WnSoft Forums

Video (slide) problem

denwell

This may be the wrong forum to post to and I see discussion elsewhere related to my problem but I'm producing two long sequences to be shown very soon and each will end with a video (around 4-6mins). I have tried to add the video as an object in O&A which seems to work fine, even trimming it to suit. However on output to .exe files the videos play very jerky and stall in places, on Desktop and on laptop even worse. This is surprising as individually they both play fine in several players (VLC, WMP). I've tried both MP4 and WMF formats at different resolutions. Even a PTE converted video plays poorly. The screen aspect ratio is set to 4:3 - the videos are 16:9 but display OK.

I want to achieve a seamless  transition from a still image to the video, and return, without opening up another application. maybe this isn't feasible with the current v9.0.20

Any help will be welcomed as I desperately need a solution by Monday next!

Thanks DG,

Normally this would be my way out of the problem but the stills component is to be self advancing as part of a lecture so an mp4 isn't practical I'm afraid.

Looks like I'll have to interrupt the flow and show the videos in separate media players - which is a great pity.

What is your pc setup?

I don't experience this sort of problem with my new pc and nVidia 1050 card.

However, because of the recent Windows debacle my laptop is no longer viable. My next laptop, if there is one, will be from the same supplier as my desktop (Chillblast) with a carefully chosen spec.

DG

Denwell, if you are manually advancing most of the show, then just put an action on mouse click on the last slide to run the MP4 video.

If you open up VLC player before you start so it is in the background then your video should start quicker.

You may not get a perfectly smooth transition from the still but will be better than what you have now.

Jill

Thanks Jill, It occurred to me earlier to try this workaround but I cannot get the appropriate slide to open the video, even though I've tried all ways round - both in slide options and 'Run application or open file'. Neither seems to work for me using the resulting .exe. Obviously I'm doing something wrong here.

Dennis

Hi Dennis, in O&A add a rectangle to cover the whole slide. Set it's opacity to zero so in effect it is one big invisible button.

Set the mouse click on the rectangle to run application and set the name to be your video file.

Remove the full path but make sure you keep the " so it would be something like "my video.mp4"

Make your manual show .exe and make sure that the .exe and .MP4 are in the same folder.

I use invisible buttons a lot and never have any problems.

Hope this helps.

Jill

Both these options have been set OK. I'm pressing on with tests.

It seems that incorporating video into a manually controlled show is now proving problematic and more difficult to achieve - or am I just being pessimistic?

After reading the piece about poor performance with Nvidia cards and W10 (1803), is this just a Windows thing that I can't alter?

We regularly run video files using VLC player from an .exe Menu at competitions.

Make sure that you have VLC player as your default to open MP4 files etc.

Also make sure you have the latest version of VLC

You can also set it to automatically run full screen, always on-top, not show file names & to exit at the end of the video

You sometimes get a small flash as it opens up, but otherwise it is seamless from the Menu.
A manually controlled show (which is what my Menus are) should not be any different to what you are trying to do.

Jill