WnSoft Forums

Master/Link video annoying problem (PTE 9.0.14)

orizaba

Example:

1. Project with 10 slides,  first 3 with photos, next 5 with a Master video and respective linked video, last 2 with photos. Everything working ok.

2. I insert 3 new slides (either with photos or videos) , for example between nr. 2 and nr. 3. Project is now 13 slides, and these 3 inserts are located before the Master and linked video, nothing to do with it.

3. Result: the 5 slides containing the Master and linked video turn green, either in timeline or in O&O. To make it work, I need to delete all the linked video, and start again to copy/paste them from the Master one to respective following 4 slides.

So, I think there is some bug here, a most annoying one in my last case, a project with more than 100 slides, all with Master/linked several videos, and I decide to insert a single new slide somewhere: result is that I must re-make all Master/linked videos after this insertion, for example, some 50 or more times!

Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

By the way: how would it be possible to copy a audio track in the timeline, with all its keyframes and respective volume values, and paste it, complete as it is, to another new audio track? It would be most convenient for movie edition. Actual situation to achieve this is creating a new audio track, with this same audio file, and copy by hand, one by one, all keyframes and respective volume values. Most annoying!

Thanks.

Jose

Hi Igor,

Thank you. As I said, I am now with a very big movie project, fighting every day with this old problem (PTE native 32-bit, 4GB limit), and I am very much affraid of updating to v9.0.20 and making tests. I am sorry. By the way, I am glad that you will start to prepare a PTE Windows 64-bit, after the Mac 64-bit. You can not imagine how PTE is the best movie editing software, as I already said more than once, and it will be perfect when you will introduce some small details like the above "Copy/Paste audio track", "Bring to front option of audio track", "Keep static the timeline when zooming in", etc., as I have suggested in past times. The PTE movie editing big advantage is its capability of inserting precise graphics, zooming without quality loss, etc., etc.. This I can say, as I worked before with Premiere and Vegas.

Best regards,

Jose 

Hi Igor,

Sorry to insist in this point: " how would it be possible to copy a audio track in the timeline, with all its keyframes and respective volume values, and paste it, complete as it is, to another new audio track? It would be most convenient for movie edition. Actual situation to achieve this is creating a new audio track, with this same audio file, and copy by hand, one by one, all keyframes and respective volume values".

Please, kindly let me know if this is possible or not, or if you are intending to include this in your next update.

Thanks,

Jose

On 10/26/2018 at 12:41 AM, orizaba said:

3. Result: the 5 slides containing the Master and linked video turn green, either in timeline or in O&O. To make it work, I need to delete all the linked video, and start again to copy/paste them from the Master one to respective following 4 slides.

Jose,

I have a question. Do you see "green" video pictures only in the Slide list / Timeline, or also in a preview, fullscreen preview, and in EXE, created MP4 video file?

I observe this problem only in the Slide list / Timeline. And preview/EXE/video export show correct result.

Future PTE 10 works correctly anywhere. I think this issue is related with old video decoders in PTE 9 and regrettably I can't fix it in a reasonable time. New video decoders work much better. We spent several months rewriting all code which work with video.

Igor,

I can see "green" in Timeline and O&A and play in timeline and O&A. I did not try to see in Slide list, neither in preview, fullscreen, EXE and created MP4 file.

Next time I will face this problem, which will hapen still today, I will let you know about preview and fullscreen. By now, I will not make EXE file or MP4.

When do you expect to deliver a final PTE 10 version?

Regards,

Jose

Hi Igor,

Sorry for the delay. Only today I could stop for a moment my actual big PTE project in order to prepare such small project. ZIP file is 256 MB, so please let me know an email adress to send it by WeTransfer.

This test project has only 8 slides, last 5 have 1 Master video and 4 linked. Before, the project had not slides nr 2 and 3. Then I inserted nr 2 and 3. I expected to face the usual problem, video slides turning green. But this did not happen, I don´t understand why.

May be the problem only shows when the project is big. In fact, the project I am working on (where the problem shows) has 338 slides and 26 minutes by now, ZIP file has 12,2 GB! And this is only Part 1. As usual, facing the PTE 32-bit limitations, I have to build big projects by parts, and join them at the end.

In case you let me know how to send you the 12,2 GB ZIP file, I will be pleased to send it to you and you could make your own tests on it.

Regards,

Jose

Hi Denis,

Yes! Even with a very small project and a very simple avi file!

So, this problem really exists. Igor said before that "Future PTE 10 works correctly anywhere". I wonder why it shows in v9 and not in v10...?

Regards,

Jose

Hi Igor,

Something more about this problem:

Project  (Part 2) with 132 slides, lots and lots of Master/Link videos along it. First 3 slides were there just for me to figure out how Part 1 would connect with Part 2 ( I am building my project by parts, due to 32-bit limitations).

When I finished this Part 2, I had to delete those first 3 slides. All Master/Link videos were lost, I mean, not green, but frozen!  Now I have to rebuilt all these Master/Link videos.

I hope you can solve this for PTE 9.

Thanks,

Jose

Hi

When I have sound tracks with many settings and I need to duplicate it, I link it with a slide,  then copy and paste that slide and I have everything duplicated, then I delete the link and delete the additional slide and I have a copy of the sound with all its editions

To avoid confusion, I paste it at the end of the project and then move the soundtrack

It is very fast

MUR

Hi Igor,

I am very much affraid to update to a Beta version because I am building a big PTE project and something can happen. I would prefer waiting for a final version ...! Thanks anyhow for your help.

Best regards,

Jose