WnSoft Forums
Igor Kokarev

How many 64 bit installations of Windows?

Personally I would prefer only 64-bit for everything - PTE and EXE slideshows.

I understand your point about customers who still have 32-bit Windows. And probably we need to offer two options for EXE shows: 32 bit and 64-bit.

What other members think about this?

I have used 64bit computers for the past 10 years at least, probably longer, but I can't say I have a feel for how many may still use 32bit. 

I often wonder how long can you make software backwards compatible for the few who may use old computers. The move is towards bigger images, bigger slideshows, the addition and editing of video, 60p Mp4's. People who do that usually have reasonably up to date computers and in any case you can't stop progress because a small minority are out of step. In any change for the better, there are winners and losers, but I vote that the attention is forward, not backwards. IMHO of course

I agree with Barry.

May be a solution would be to continue to maintain PTE 9 for users in 32 bits, with no more evolution.
If someone doesn't want to spend money to go to  64 bits, this person will not want to spend money to go to PTE 10.
There will be very few customers lost by not offering PTE 10 32 bits

There is no need to offer un 32 bit version of exe generated by PTE 10.

As PTE is able to offer good MP4 versions, it is enougth for people who want to stay under Windows 32 bits.

Question: Shall we all we repeat our statements that we vote for 64bit :)

User nobeefstu may serve his special customers (1, 2 or how many?) using v9 :rolleyes:

It makes sense that PTE 9 is 32 bits. I have a super mini PC that is 32 bit Windows 10. It has no graphics card. If you add new hardware acceleration to PTE 10 the older 32 bit PCs would probably not benefit from this feature so they do not need to use PTE 10. I think "64 bit only" is good enough for the majority of slideshows.

Tom